A Potions Mistress

Severus woke that next morning and rolled over expecting to pull his little witch to him but she was not in the bed. He looked over and saw the light from the bathroom was on. He got up pulling his robe on and went to check. He found Hermione sitting on the edge of the bathtub doubled over. Severus opened the cupboard and pulled a small vile out. He sat on the edge of the tub next to her and rubbed her back.

"Take this. It'll help with the nausea." Hermione took the vile and downed the clear liquid. She sat upright.

"Thank you."

"I'll brew more today. Is this every morning?"

"It's every morning, sometimes afternoon. Sometimes after I eat. Is this going to be like this the entire time?"

"I don't know love." Severus wished he could take away her discomfort. Hermione pulled herself up straight and wrapped her arms around his neck and he pulled her tightly to him. She began to cry.

"I'm sorry Severus."

"You don't feel good and your emotions are running high. It's completely normal."

Severus curled a finger under her chin and brought her lips to his. He kissed her forehead and kissed her tears.

"I'll draw you a nice warm bath and have breakfast sent down."

Hermione nodded. Severus filled the tub and cast a spell that left the heavenly scent of jasmine in the water. Little star shaped flowers popped to life on top of the water. Hermione watched in awe over the beautiful magic he used. She looked up at him with eyes full of appreciation. He was so thoughtful towards her and it filled her heart and made her feel special. Severus ran the back of his fingers over her cheek and held her gaze. He reached down and untied her robe and slipped it from her shoulders sending it to the hook on the back of the door.

"Will you stay with me?" Hermione asked, not wanting to be away from him for even a second. She knew she was being needy but that morning she had been thinking about her parents and how they would never know their grandchild. The sadness and pain of that reality felt heavy in her heart.

"Of course I'll stay with you love." Severus said softly and kissed her forehead. He started to sit on the edge of the tub but Hermione protested by shaking her head no. She opened his robe and as he had slipped hers off she pushed his from his broad shoulders and hung it on the same hook. She took his hand and pulled him to the tub with her. Severus sat behind her and she relaxed between his legs, her back to his chest. He picked up a sea sponge from a beautiful piece of pottery that he kept on the edge of the tub. He dipped the sponge into the hot water and squeezed the water out over her hair careful to not let the water run down her face.

"Close your eyes pet. Try and rest, I'll bathe you."

Hermione did as he said, closing her eyes and inhaling the scent of the flowers and the bar of soap that he lathered into the sponge. It was a bar of milk and honey soap that Severus kept just for her. He gently moved her limbs and washed her body. He whispered into her ear with that beautiful low voice of his that made her melt into him. He told her about the first night she came to his chamber asking him to do her a "favor" as she put it. He was in disbelief that such a delicate and beautiful creature as her would ask to be with him. He told her how she never made him feel less than and that his entire life he never felt worthy of affection but that she made him open his heart and that she completely enchanted him. He loved her deeply and more than anything in this world. Severus placed feather light kisses on her ear and cheek as he went on to tell her how precious she was to him. He told her how precious their unborn child was to him. He understood that maybe she wasn't ready for this but he would be her rock, he told her he would forever be her family, no matter what, because he knew she would especially be missing her parents during the coming months.