Summer

Hermione and Severus tied up their loose ends at the end of term and said their goodbyes to Minerva. Hermione had received stellar marks on her potions exams. She and Severus would be leaving Hogwarts to spend the summer at his home in Spinners End.

"Would you mind terribly if I brought some personal things from my parents home. It's just a couple boxes of books and personal effects."

"Why would I mind? You may bring anything you like." Severus said as he closed the lid on his travel trunk. He walked over to the little witch where she sat on the edge of his bed.

"Hermione," he paused. "This isn't a home. It's just where I go in the summers. I grew up there, it's not a nice place. Hogwarts has always been home."

"Severus, as long as we're together I don't care."

"If you hate it there we can find something else. I have no attachments to it."

"If you don't like it why do you keep it? Why not find something else."

"That's a good question. It may be time to let go of it." Severus stared down at the little witch.

"Do you keep it because of Lily?" Hermione grabbed the professors hand.

"No." His response was sharp. Then he seemed to be considering her question. "Maybe. I don't really know why I keep it. It's just always been there." Severus touched Hermione's hair. "I don't want you to worry about that."

"I'm not worried at all. I'm just happy that we'll have the entire summer together."

Severus kissed her forehead and the two finished up packing and left Hogwarts.

Severus was not joking when he said this was not a home. Not a home Hermione was use to anyway. Everything was worn and seemed a bit depressing. Somehow it fit the Potions Master she knew as a child. It was dark and ominous, even the sky seemed to be grey on a somewhat sunny day. It didn't match the personality of the Severus Snape she knew now. Not that Severus cared about interior design but it was obvious he didn't care about the dilapidated dwelling. It seemed the only nice things were the rows of bookcases housing his book collection. Not surprised by this as Severus loved to read. Maybe being in the small sitting room surrounded by his books was all he needed. Spinners End was functional.

Severus watched Hermione as she studied the space. It was quickly becoming apparent to the wizard that this was not a place for Hermione. She wasn't judging it but seeing it through her eyes made him realize it was no longer a place for him either. She may have been right that he was hanging onto the past, he wanted to move forward.

"I think tomorrow we should start looking for a new place."

"Oh Severus no. This is your home. I mean to say, I know Hogwarts is your home but this is fine for the summer."

"I think I'm ready for a change. A summer home should be that. A home. As I said this has never been home. It served its purpose as a place to sleep and read through the summer. But it is rather tired. It's time. I'd like us to find somewhere we're both comfortable in. If that's agreeable?"

"I don't care where we spend our summers as long as I'm with you."

"Well I care. Things are different now."

Hermione understood and though what she said about as long as they were together was true, she liked the idea of the two of them finding somewhere they could that was for both of them.

The couple settled in for the evening and talked about places to start looking.

"What about Appleby?" Hermione suggested while pouring him a cup of tea as they sat at the kitchen table.

"You're joking. Putting up with the Appleby Arrow fans would do me in. They act as though they invented quidditch."

"Yes, I hadn't thought of that."

"What about Tinworth? You would like the coast would you not?" He suggested.

"Severus, are you secretly a beach comber?" She looked at him skeptically. "I don't think so. Besides, I would always think of Dobbie. It would be too sad."

"Have you ever been to Wales? There's a couple small Wizarding villages there, maybe Holyhead." Severus suggested.

"Hmm, summers in Wales. That does sound nice. Maybe Ginny would have some ideas. You don't have anything against the Holyhead Harpies fans do you?" Hermione teased.

"An all girls quidditch team? What's not to love?" He gave a mischievous grin. Hermione playfully slapped him on the arm.

"Ow witch!" Severus faked that she hit him hard. "Your going to pay for that." His eyes became wide.

"Severus! I didn't even hit you hard!" Hermione stood and backed away from him as he moved toward her.

"Come here witch." He had a devilish grin that was making Hermione's heart race. Severus chases her around the small kitchen table and easily caught her. She squealed and tried to get away but he over powered her. Severus picked her up and sat her roughly on the kitchen counter. He stood between her legs and using one hand he restrained her wrists above her head against the upper kitchen cabinets. Severus kissed her and used his free hand to unbutton and unzip her jeans. He moved up under her shirt and squeezed her breast. He ran his hand around her waist and pulled her body into his. He let go of her wrists. Hermione wrapped her arms around his shoulders while he kissed her neck and pressed his hips into her. Severus pulled his shirt off and began to undress Hermione. He kissed down her body as he had her almost completely naked. He pulled her knickers and jeans down over her ankles tossing them to the kitchen chair. Severus grabbed her ankles and pushed her knees up so her heels were on the edge of the counter and she was wide open to him. He nibbled and kissed her center sending Hermione into a stream of steady moaning of his name. Severus stood up and removed his trousers. Hermione could see the bulge in his black briefs. He pushed them down over his hips exposing his erection. She gave him a few strokes and circled the head with her thumb before guiding him inside of her. Severus let out a low grunt as he thrusted into her. The witch wiggled and moaned. Severus put his hand down between them and began circling her clit with his thumb. Hermione's walls tighten around Severus' cock. He could see she was getting close to climaxing. It didn't take long before she began to convulse and spasm.

"That's it love. Come for me." He whispered in her ear. "You're so beautiful Hermione."

Hermione's breath was ragged as she opened her eyes to look at Severus. He was still thrusting into her while holding both her hips. He was watching where the two were joined has he slid in and out of her. Hermione cupped her breasts catching Severus' eyes. He kissed her hard then pulled back his head to watch her as she touched her breasts. Severus could no longer hold off. He gave a final thrust and came inside of her. Wrapping his arms around her back, pressing their bodies together, he caught his breath and slid out of her. He picked Hermione up and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He walked them to the sitting room sofa and sat down. Hermione had moved her legs so that she was on her knees straddling Severus. She nestled into him as he ran his fingers up and down her back. It was so soothing. Hermione rested her head on his shoulder, her favorite way to spend time with Severus. He talked to her in his low languid tone and gently stroke her back. Feeling their heartbeats next to one another and their breathing made her feel more connected to him than anything.

"I love you Hermione."

"I love you Severus."