Adjustments

The last few weeks of summer break were pure heaven. They both knew what was looming in just a few short days and though Severus knew taking on the Headmasters position was the right move and something he had aspired to, parting from his little witch would be a great burden to his heart. Even thinking about it made his chest feel heavy.

Hermione was also feeling the pains of separation and they hadn't even left their cozy little cottage yet. She had accepted a potions apprenticeship with an apothecary in London. She was planning to spend her weekdays there and weekends with Severus at Hogwarts. Her dear friend Luna had a spare room that she offered to Hermione. It really was a perfect setup. Perfect accept Hermione truly had no idea how she would get through what had become the favorite parts of her days. Waking up snuggled in the crook of Severus' arm where she could imagine her future with him, breathing in his smell, whispering her desires to him, and feeling him envelope her with a love she had never known. She also reveled in the simple things like watching him shuffle about the cottage in the mornings with his tea and whatever book he was reading. They made a ritual of taking an evening walk after dinner and reading in silence in front of the fire in the tiny front room of their home. It was a cocoon of domestic bliss. But the hardest part would be not sharing their bed for most of the week. Severus and Hermione's sexual appetites were voracious, they made love two and even sometimes 3 times a night. The electrical energy that both their magic fueled seemed like it was doing nothing but getting stronger. Hermione was always eager to try new things and Severus would always oblige his sweet little witch. He learned she had a very curious mind when it came to sex, and that paired with his sometimes devious mind took them to new heights.

____________

"Hermione." The sweet voice of Luna floated across the room Hermione would be staying in. Looking up from her travel trunk she saw her angelic friend and smiled with a questioning look.

"What is it Luna?"

"I know you're in love with the professor. It's ok if he stays here."

"That's so sweet of you Luna. I'm not sure Severus would even if he could. Being Headmaster has him seemingly confined to the castle." Luna walked over and took both of Hermione's hands in hers.

"Don't worry. The castle will be home for all of you soon enough." And with that Luna turned and flitted away. What did she mean by all of us Hermione thought to herself. Looney Luna was dear to Hermione but sometimes the girl was on another planet. Just then Severus' owl was pecking at Hermione's window. She let the bird in and took the scroll from its claw and fished a treat out of her pocket for it.

I hope you are getting settled love. It seems strange not to see you. Hopefully our work will keep us busy until Friday evening and we can be together. I wanted to wish you luck for your first day tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

-S

Hermione appreciated her dear professor thinking of her but it made her heart ache. It didn't seem right that they should be apart. The pit in her stomach from missing him even though she had just seen him 24 hours ago seemed to be growing. She was also wracked with nerves about starting her new job in the morning. She'd give anything to be nestled in their little cottage in Wales again with the entire world and their responsibilities shut out. Unfortunately that was not the way of the world and work called, life rolled on, and she had to keep reminding herself that she was lucky to have Severus and she would see him in a few days.

Hermione didn't sleep much that night, she wished Severus was there to calm her nerves and hold her through the night. Daylight was peeping through the linen draperies of her bedroom and she needed to ready herself for her first day. She went to the loo and felt her heart pounding in her ears. Her stomach was in knots and she felt she would be sick. 'Get a hold of yourself Granger!' she thought to herself. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down but that sharp inhale of air just made it worse. The meager contents of what was left from last nights dinner came up. 'Seriously, get a grip.' She internally scolded. She turned the shower on hoping that would kick start her day and calm her nerves. It seemed to work, she put on her favorite grey pencil skirt, her white long sleeve blouse with the Peter Pan collar, her thin black leather belt and black leather loafers. She swept her hair back into a ponytail to keep it out of her face and headed out the door. All in all the morning started out rocky but she felt confident and pulled together. She would not let her nerves get the better of her.

Hermione's first day went exceptionally well. She was working beside an older witch named Esma who had been with the apothecary for nearly 20 years. She was a wealth of knowledge and very personable. Hermione felt lucky to have made an instant friend. The two bonded over what Hermione would normally have thought to be a bit silly but Esma had thee most stunning long curly hair. It hung in perfect ringlets with silver strands mixed through what was a dark blonde. They easily fell right into a conversation about the trials of dealing with a mass of unruly frizz. Esma gave Hermione a concoction that she promised would be life changing in that department. It was something she kept in stock at the apothecary for other witches afflicted with unruly tresses. Esma gave her carful instructions on how to care for her hair and how to use the mixture. It smelled of lavender and Hermione couldn't wait to give it a try.

As the week came to it's close all the pressure of starting a new job, having a new place to live, and trying to keep her mind occupied as to not think of Severus constantly was starting to lift. Hermione hurried home to her flat to ready herself for the weekend. With a hug for Luna and her weekend bag she floo'd herself to Severus' office where he told her he would be. As she appeared in the hearth and looked around she found him on a library ladder pulling a book out. He didn't notice her standing there as he was concentrating with a furrowed brow on searching for something in the pages of the large leather bound book. She quietly waited for him to come down and when he did he looked up and saw her standing there. His brow smoothed and the corner of his mouth gave away a soft smile. He put the book down and walked towards her. Hermione watched his body move as his commanding and purposeful walk made her stomach flutter and heart race. He said nothing to her but grabbed her bag dropping it to the floor, scooped the petite witch up in his arms and aparated them directly to the bed in his chambers. He flicked his wand and both of their clothes were gone. Severus moved on her like a hungry beast. He crawled up her body making a low growl. The noise coming from him reverberated in Hermione's ears. He was buried in her neck and his erection pressing into her hip. She pulled him to her then dragged his lips to hers. There it was, the electrical current that made their coupling so intense. Severus wasted no time and moved between her legs and buried himself inside of her. Hermione wrapped her arms around his neck and held on for dear life. He was an animal and it felt as though he was fucking her into the mattress. Her desire for him had never been so great and she could tell he was feeling the same. They were lost to the world where only they existed. Pleasuring one another, breathing in one another, giving one another their very souls.

"I need you to come for me pet." Severus' voice so low and commanding it sent her immediately to her orgasm. Her body shook and tightened around him.  Severus spilled into her with the most powerful orgasm he'd ever experienced. He didn't know if it was just his pent up frustration of not being able to touch his little witch for what felt like forever or was it this electrical current that was tying their magic together. 

Severus collapsed on top of Hermione for a moment to catch his breath. He didn't want to crush her so he slid his arms under her and rolled her on top of him as he moved to his back. He loved the feeling of their hot sweat and her pounding heart pressed against him. Her long curls splayed out. They stayed that way for a few minutes. Severus rubbed her back and whispered in her ear how much he had missed her and had so many things to tell her. He ran one hand up into her hair grabbing a fistful and pressing it to his nose. He deeply inhaled.

"Lavender." He commented. "Your hairs different pet."

"Do you like it?" She looked up at him sheepishly.

"Very much." Severus kissed her nose.

"Esma, a lady at work gave me some sort of concoction that she made. She has curly hair too." Hermione smiled.

"Maybe she can make something for my greasy hair." He smirked.

"You don't have greasy hair. You have beautiful shiny, soft hair. Don't you dare change it Severus Snape. I love your hair."

Severus said nothing but studied her face. A few moments passed and he tucked a finger under her chin pulling her up to meet his eyes.

"I love you Hermione." He said with a serious tone.

She stroked the side of his face. "I love you Severus."