Their Day

Severus stood in front of the full length mirror assessing his appearance.

"You look very handsome."

Severus looked at Hermione's reflection in the mirror as she sat on the edge of the bed watching him.

"I feel underdressed."

"That's because your daily attire is exceedingly formal."

Hermione walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Severus twisted back to pull her to his side and put his arm around her. They stood looking in the mirror at their reflection. Severus had black trousers and a white dress shirt on. Hermione wore a long sleeved white chiffon cocktail dress. It had a flouncy skirt that hit her mid calf and high neckline with long sheer sleeves. The back was the show stopper, it was almost completely cut out. The waistline had a delicate ribbon belt and Hermione wore a light beige heel with a tiny strap across her toes and and delicate ankle strap. Her only jewelry was a pair of pearl stud earrings that Severus had surprised her with that morning.

"I need to put my hair up."

"Leave it down. For me?" Severus said as he stared down at his beautiful bride.

"You like it down?" Hermione said almost in disbelief.

"I do. Very much."

Hermione blushed and nodded. She pulled the long mass of curls over one shoulder. She then conjured a small pink rose and put it in her hair.

"You're perfect." Severus pulled her into him and kissed her gently.

"Severus?"

"Yes?"

"I want to talk to you about something."

He took her hand and lead her to the edge of the bed where they sat down.

"What's wrong? You're not having second thoughts are you." He teased.

"Never. I just wanted to say that I know it will soon be our wedding night and I'm worried about....well...not worried, but it's about not being together, as husband and wife. I hate it Severus."

"I see. Well, as much as I loath the idea of not being inside of you tonight I don't think it would be a good idea till we complete the potion. But rest assured love. I fully intend on pleasuring my wife tonight."

"It just doesn't seem fair, and please don't say life's not fair."

"I know it's not perfect, but things rarely are. At least the enchantment gave us Evanora." Severus paused for a moment. "Hermione, I do want to be in control of our future but if we can't work out the potion I still have to have you. I don't care how many children we have, I'll hire every nanny in Britain."

Hermione threw her arms around his neck and kissed him. Severus' hands were warm against her bare back. They both were becoming aroused. Severus pulled back.

"We better stop or there won't be a bride and groom at this wedding." Severus' eyes traveled down her body, he was filled with lust for his little witch.

Just them Ginny stood in the doorway holding Evanora.

"You two ready?"

"Yes, just let me fix my lipstick." Hermione pressed her fingers to her lips then looking to Severus who possibly had more of it on him then she did. Hermione wiped it from his lips with her thumb.

Severus took Evanora from Ginny and the little family headed out to the garden.

The sun was setting and the garden was glowing with magical ferry lights sparkling overhead and candles flickered about. Pomona was right, every flower in the garden was in full bloom perfuming the air and putting on a dazzling show. As Severus and Hermione made their way down the isle with their daughter in tow Hermione thought what a peculiar group of guests in their little cottage garden. Her best friends, and the entire Weasley family mixed with the Malfoy family. Hermione could never in her wildest dreams imagine Lucius Malfoy at her wedding but he was Severus' best friend and Hermione had come to understand a great deal about how the dark lord abused and tortured the entire Malfoy family. Their choices during the war were made out of necessity to survive. She wondered if it seemed as strange to Severus to see so many of the, as he called them "red headed horrors" among the small gathering. In a way Hermione thought there was something beautiful about seeing this mix of faces. It gave her hope for Evanoras future and hope that their daughter would only know peaceful times in her life.