Get Mad!

This is by AnonymousTwit on AO3

Locating Multiverse... Multiverse Found! You are now watching; Get Mad!

“Bakugou's the highlight on this I see,”

“Shut up, IcyHot!”

The first time that Eri remembered having any kind of meaningful encounter with the loud boy with scary eyes had been during U.A.'s cultural festival.

“What do you wanna do now, Eri?” Mirio asked cheerfully, Eri's little fingers wrapped around his enormous hand as they strolled around outside. It was very colorful, with booths and streamers and lots of happy people and loud noises and yummy smells. It had been overwhelming at first, but curiosity overpowered any lingering fear she might have had. She'd never seen anything like this before!

“Awww,” The girls cooed.

Deku had run off somewhere not too long ago, but he promised he'd be back soon, so she wasn't worried. All that mattered to her was how happy he and Mirio had been when she finally figured out how to smile. That's what Mirio said they'd wanted in return for rescuing her, so now she could give it to them and make them happy!

“Um...” Eri looked around U.A.'s courtyard, surrounded by more colorful booths. There were lots of things to eat, but she wasn't hungry quite yet, and she wasn't sure what the other booths were for. “Uh, what else is there?”

“Well,” Mirio hummed. “We could watch people doing the obstacle course, we could go to a cafe and get drinks, we could find a place that sells toys, we could-”

“What's that?”

Mirio's eyes followed where she was pointing, his face lighting up at the site of a bright stand where two students were handing out balloons. “They're handing out free balloons. Would you like one?”

Eri's eyes sparkled at the bright, pretty colors blowing in the wind. From her memory, Chisaki never got her any balloons. Just those random dolls and other toys like that. She never asked why they kept getting her stuff, but honestly, it didn't matter.

She didn't want to think about them anymore.

“Yeah.” she responded, realizing that she'd gone quiet. She didn't like the crease of worry in Mirio's brow. “Yeah, I'd like a balloon, please.”

His face eased, his own smile returning, and Eri could do nothing but smile back at the happiness radiating from his face. For as much as they wanted to see her happy, she just as badly wanted to see him laughing and smiling and glowing with joy.

A moment later, they were making their way through the crowd towards the balloon stand, Eri's eyes staring up at the colors in amazement. The first time she'd seen such vibrant colors was the striking green lightning of Deku's quirk, crackling through the air as the building came crashing down and the two of them shot up high into the sky. She vividly remembers the cloudless blue sky being just as beautiful.

“Do you think there's some outside?” Kota asked.

A/N: I legit forgot I had the WWPC and Kota here😀

“Can I have a green one?” Eri asked, holding tightly onto her hero's hand as they approached the stand. Her response was a wink and a thumbs up as Mirio began chatting with the people behind the stands. They were friends, apparently.

Eri looked around at the other stands around them, letting go of Mirio's hand and standing on her tippy toes to get a better look. There were lots of people, so it was hard to see everything that was going on around her. From far away, the sound of a crowd cheering could be heard, likely another event taking place somewhere, and Eri watched as other children ran around with toys and snacks. A little ways away, there was a stage where a couple of people were singing and playing instruments for everyone passing by. It wasn't as cool and exciting as the music that Deku's class played, but it was still very soothing.