𝟎𝟎𝟕 | FIVE LIVES FOR ONE

DARYL GLARED AT Rick, sizing him up despite how calm the latter was in comparison. "Rick Grimes? Got something you wanna tell me?" He asked, already seemingly beyond reasoning. Mya held her breath, unable to tear her eyes away from the scene before her, almost waiting for someone to throw the first punch.

"Your brother was a danger to us all, so I handcuffed him on a roof, hooked him to a piece of metal. He's still there." Rick explained briefly in a tone that was a little too nonchalant, given the circumstances. Daryl seemed to feel the same way as he paced off, possibly trying to comprehend what he was being told - Mya couldn't blame him.

As his back was turned, Mya turned to Rick with a frown, "I'm sorry, I thought I could handle it." She admitted in a quiet tone, disappointed in her own actions.

Daryl turned back around, scowling at Rick specifically, "Hold on, let me process this." He began, "You're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof? And you left him there?!"

For the first time in the exchange, Rick paused, looking away momentarily as though he felt guilty over the situation, "Yeah." He responded shortly.

Mya had seen enough fights in her life, of course, but watching Daryl toss the squirrels he'd hunted to lunge for Rick was different. It wasn't just a petty fight. Shane broke in, pushing Daryl out of the way, giving him enough time to pull out a knife. Mya took a step back, half expecting him to turn the weapon on her. Although, he didn't particularly get anywhere, what with Shane grabbing him in a chokehold and Rick disarming him.

"You best let me go!" Daryl insisted, furious and for good reason.

Shane paid him no mind, however, simply holding him down as he waited for Rick's next action, "I think it's better if I don't." He commented.

Still trying to break free, Daryl had calmed down slightly, even though his actions were still frantic as he tried to remove Shane's arms from around his neck. "Chokehold's illegal!"

Making an off-hand comment about how Daryl could file a complaint, Shane didn't loosen his grip. Mya sighed, brows furrowed downwards in concern, "This isn't helping, Shane." She told the former officer, gaining the attention of him, Rick and Daryl. She turned to the latter, "Look, I'm sorry for what happened, I really am, and I want to help you but I can't do that while you're trying to stab people."

Rick crouched down in front of Daryl, "You listen to her, she's right. I'd like to have a calm discussion on this topic, you think we can manage that?" Receiving no response from him, the former officer arched a brow, repeating himself, "Do you think we can manage that?"