𝟎𝟏𝟓 | JUST ANOTHER CASUALTY

MYA WASN'T too sure how Rick had managed to convince Shane, but by the look on the latter's face after announcing they'd head for the CDC, she found it best not to question it. He'd been acting a little off since the night before, but under the circumstances, she couldn't particularly judge him for his behaviour.

Despite that though, a part of Mya was beginning to wish she'd offered to ride in the truck with Shane instead of in the RV with the majority of the group. Carol and Sophia had taken the last two spaces in the car with the Grimes family, not that Mya minded, she trusted Rick and Lori to keep them safe. Plus it was nice for Sophia to spend the journey with someone her own age, rather than Mya talking her ear off in an attempt to keep her entertained. The RV wouldn't have been so bad had it not been for Jim, who let out cries of pain at each bump and jolt the vehicle made - it had gotten worse now he was starting to run a fever, no matter how much Jacqui tried to soothe him. He didn't have long left, Mya knew it and she was sure he did too.

The RV came to a juddering halt in the road. Dale, who was sat in the driver's seat, resting his head in his hands in frustration while Glenn frantically tried to mess with the ignition. Mya furrowed her eyebrows with a frown, how had something else gone wrong already? She stood up from her seat, heading to the front of the RV, "What's happened? Why did we stop?"

Dale pinched the bridge of his nose and Mya had to pity him, there always seemed to be something wrong with the RV. She wished they'd been able to bring the van back from Atlanta, perhaps they'd actually be at the CDC now if that were the case. "I knew that hose wouldn't last." He mumbled, an answer to Mya's question, although it appeared more likely to her that he was talking to himself.

She shot a hurried glance back in Jim's direction, sweat coating his paled face, hopelessness and pain contorting his expression, "There has to be something we can do, right?" She asked, however, any plans Dale had to answer were interrupted by the sound of the other cars and Daryl's bike stopping next to the RV. Mya inwardly sighed, opening the RV door to explain the situation to the group, Dale following closely alongside her. 

Rick was already approaching the RV by time Mya had opened the door, eyes filled with concern as he peered into the RV, perhaps expecting to see a reanimated Jim or worse. She couldn't blame him for his concern. "Are you okay? What is it?" He questioned.

Mya let out a sigh of frustration, "Stupid hose burst." She responded.

"I told you we'd never get far on that hose. I said I needed the one from the cube van." Dale explained, in an almost accusatory tone that made Mya wonder whether he was blaming Rick. It wasn't his fault the van had been taken back in Atlanta.