The Failing of Plan C, Enter V

A quiet rage filled the Slytherin common room as Millicent stood still as a stone face of a mountain

A quiet rage filled the Slytherin common room as Millicent stood still as a stone face of a mountain. A long scowl painted across her ever-paling face. Water ticked at the corners of her eyes, while her ears, and nose got redder. Her fists shook violently. "um...Millie?" Tabitha called in a timid murmur.  Clenched between Millicent's fists was a crumpled and now slightly sweaty letter.

Rabanus stood at Tabitha's side watching Millicent with wide eyes, leaning over to Tabitha he hid his mouth behind his hand and whispered "I think she's gotta pop." 

Tabitha hushed him, "Millie? come on now what did it say? We've only got about an hour to get ready for the ball." She mused.

Millicent crumpled the letter into a tight ball, tossing it to the ground she let out a tremendous yell, stomping on the paper with all the fury she could muster. "I Hate that Rexus Crest! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!" she howled. "I will see to it that his career burns in brimstone, and sinks in an onslaught of typhoons! Poncey  little worm has no priorities!" Millicent shouted.

"Millicent, you're poncey." Rabanus sighed.

Millicent cast him a sharp glare, nearly snarling "But at least I have priorities and the right ones!" she snapped. Millicent's legs finally found movement in the form of pacing about before the fireplace, "Now what am I going to do?" She hissed, with a great huff Millicent stopped gazing deep into the flames, "I can always ask Flint..." She grumbled. Rabanus coughed into his fist "erm..." He said in a wary titter, "Marcus already has a date..." He murmured.

"no, oh for -" Millicent whirled about to look at her two friends, eyes like daggers. "well who on earth said yes to Flint!" she shrieked. Tabitha took a cautious step back, her hand sheld out defensively "M-Millicent....Bulstrode." Tabitha stammered, nearly a whisper. The temperature seemed to drop by ten degrees and the fire behind Millicent promptly blew out. "Bulstrode? Bulstrode?" Millicent hissed, voice getting louder and louder until it was nothing but a shrill wordless shriek.

"Out! all of you out!" Millicent raged entering the girl's dormitory, snarling and red-faced she chased the Slytherin girls out of the room. Throwing whatever she could at them, "Out! go polish and buff your wretchedly gruesome faces in the bathrooms!" Millicent yelled as the girls left in a terrified hurry. If anyone had ever seen a Tasmanian Devil backed into a corner, they'd had thought there was a rather large one in the room right now.

Tabitha helped shoo the girls out with more sense of order and soon the room was empty. 

Millicent flopped into her bed and all the mounds of Pillows, fluff, stuffed toys, and blankets seemed to swallow her up. She screamed several times into her pillow and kicked her feet. "Everything is ruined!" she shouted muffledly. "Everything, everything, everything!"

Tabitha perched herself on the edge of Millicent's bed and rubbed her sobbing friends back. "I...I can talk Theodore into taking you instead Millie." Tabitha said, "I'd probably only be awkward out there on the dance floor anyway. and  my hair will be doing that weird poodle thing it does at night." Tabitha said. Millicent stopped crying a sniffled, she popped up out of her sea of fluff "no!" she said quickly.