The Second Task

Tabitha stood next to a quidditch practice-ready Rabanus  and watched as Millicent paced about wringing her hands in the courtyard, "I don't think the fresh air is working out as well as you'd hoped

Tabitha stood next to a quidditch practice-ready Rabanus  and watched as Millicent paced about wringing her hands in the courtyard, "I don't think the fresh air is working out as well as you'd hoped." Rabanus whispered leaning over to Tabitha's ear. With a shrug Tabitha shook her head, "Theodore said that it helps him clear his all the time to I figure...." she sighed heavily.

"I'm going to drown. I can't forfeit, not with all these idiots howling about me being a champion. I actually have lose to get out of this. I haven't lost a day in my life!" Millicent raged. With a stomp of her foot, she ripped her hands from her hair "and to lose might very well be the same as dying, dying, or being horribly maimed!" she shouted. 

As a group of passing students cast Millicent odd stares, Tabitha and Rabanus fell into sharp glares warning the onlookers to keep moving. The students were quick to flee the scene. "She's still pacing?" Marcus called from behind the two helpless friends. "She's worn an actual patch into the grass," Rabanus said, pointing to the line of dirt at Millicent's feet.

"Did you find anything useful?" Tabitha asked him. "Not particularly no, nothing that can be executed by a third-year at least. However, I took the time to make a list of charms that may make things easier on her once she does find a way to solve the water breathing conundrum." Marcus said.

"Is there some reason she won't use the bubble breather?" asked Marcus. Rabanus laughed loudly, "She doesn't want to look silly, so...well that ones out." Tabitha said.   Marcus shook his head and walked towards Millicent. "Millie," called Marcus. She whirled around hands clutched together in front of her, "Tell me you came up with something." she said quickly. Marcus shook his head, "sorry Millie, nothing that would be useful now, maybe in about a year or two. However, I've got a list of charms that will make your life a little easier once you do get down there." Marcus said pulling a note from his robes and handing it to her.

Millicent snatched it from him with a disappointed scowl, her eyes scanned the writing " Cleansing charm: bannire fulitho, Anti-theft: anteitatem, Bubble-Head charm: hovet bobbel -" Millicent laughed "I don't think so, even the Incantation sounds ridiculous." She murmured, " Defensive Charm: obstructionum impetum, Impervius Charm: Impervius..well duh...." Millicent sighed, "these aren't new to me Flint...I had already considered these." She muttered shoving the note back at him.

Marcus deflated, "sorry, well I'm off to Practice," Marcus grumbled dejectedly, "Rabanus." He called leaving off through the halls, "good luck." Rabanus sighed to Tabitha following the team captain.

Millicent hid her face in her hands, "Stop brooding dear, you'll age faster." Valentine chimed, stopping at Millicents side his hand delicately held a map. Millicent removed her hands and looked up at him with a glare. "excuse you, you aren't the one-"

"Just  take the map," Valentine sighed, matching her glare, "and say thank you, Valentine." He added. Millicent snatched the map, she watched as dots moved about a detailed map of the Lake. "It's up to date?" she asked cautiously, "but of course it is." said Valentine. "and it's been waterproofed?" she asked. "I'm good-looking, not daft." He huffed. Millicent pointed at him with a pleased smile, "and slightly more useful than Flint." Millicent hummed. Turning her Back to Valentine Millicent waved to Tabitha who rushed over. "this is perfect, now I just need a way to swim down there." Millicent said to her.