The Boy Who Saw

Millicent found herself rushed by Tabitha and Pansy as she left the dance floor

Millicent found herself rushed by Tabitha and Pansy as she left the dance floor. Valentine had been mobbed by fans and was stuck signing shirt sleeves, dresses, and whatever else the students could think of. "You were amazing out there," Pansy said with a grin. "I was wasn't I, how many people were looking? did he outshine me?" Millicent asked. "Hardly Millie, you kept up with Valentine just fine and as always everybody was looking," said Tabitha, she frowned slightly, "Marcus abandoned Bulstrode, he looked right upset." She added.

Millicent shrugged, "well now maybe his punishment can come to an end. Seems he learns a lot faster than Viktor does."  she said from her seat. "I'm off to find Draco, I think he went towards the punch," Pansy said saying her goodbyes. Tabitha blushed "I should find Theodore, you know he said he loved my dress!" Tabitha cheered. Millicent chuckled and flipped her hair, "Of course he did, I picked it out, didn't I. Go on, now don't leave him waiting." Millicent said. Tabitha gave her a hug and rushed off.

Harry watched Millicent perplexed, She seemed to care for her friends and he honestly couldn't imagine her truly caring about anyone but herself. He was half convinced she might throw her own brother to the wolves to look good. For a moment their eyes locked, Millicent gave him a bored gaze, her attention flickering away as Neville made his way towards her.

"Oh for...not you again..." Millicent thought, her eyes looking around the room for a point of escape. Fortunately, the sound of amps and guitars rang out through the hall, the students crowded together and rushed towards the stage. Millicent was quick to get herself lost within the chaos, Tabitha, and Rabanus finding her.  pulled by her friends into the crowd Millicent danced and jumped about to the music, flailing her hair about to the beat. 

"annnd, showtime," Rabanus murmured sometimes during the second song, Viktor, Hermione, and his fellows were dancing nearby. "can't we just leave them be. We're having fun and Viktors clearly having a good time. It's not really his fault any of this." Tabitha sighed. "This is why I had to threaten the hat to let you in." Millicent shot at her.  "Careful, Millie. Too much effort and one might think you actually do care about all this." Rabanus teased.

"Of.Course.I.Care." Millie spoke pointedly, "the two of them conspired to humiliate me in front of the whole school and strangers! coming second to that...that...thing." Millicent said seething. Millicent quickly tried to wash away the cat-like grin on her face, it wasn't working. Thought of it was too much fun for her own good.  Covering her face, Millicent tore through the crowd in a sprint before uttering a pitchy "I'm sorry" sobbed towards Tabitha and Rabanus.

"ha, worse than moaning myrtle that one," Fred called out with a smirk.  Viktor paused in his dancing looking between Hermione and Millicent's directions uncomfortably but decided it was probably better not to make chase. He made a choice, but he could feel the Slytherins glaring at him. "You look tired, would you like some punch?" Viktor asked Hermione, too breathless to answer she nodded her head, "Please sounds lovely." she managed.