A Curious Key

The Slytherin team had the field for the day and they made sure all the other houses knew it

The Slytherin team had the field for the day and they made sure all the other houses knew it. They also meant to use as much of the day as they could afford for it. They might not have had any games coming up, however, Marcus was determined to keep his team in top shape. Even as the sun was starting to set, It would be his last year and he would have the whole school know he trained them to be at their best at all times.

Milicent stood below them waiting with a meager amount of patience as she held a handful of flyers. "going to make me late...." She thought leering as she watched the players whizz through the air. From the corner of her eye, Millicent could spot Viktor and Karkaroff watching the practice. They seemed to be in a deep discussion even though neither were looking at it other.

It was the sort of thing Millicent had done herself with Tabitha, Rabanus, and Marcus when plotting. Pretending to be distracted.

"Valentine said something about a full story back at the ball." Millicent thought to herself. "I wonder what he meant? He hinted the day he left too."

From above Marcus wrapped up practice and was quick to fly down, hopping off his broom with a slight flourish he took to Millicent's side.

The grin fell from his face once he realized she'd not noticed his bit of flare, Marcus sighed, "Millie what's brought you out here?" He asked. "I..." Millicent started, but the moment she went to speak she'd locked eyes with Karkaroff who have her a nod and a smile before turning to leave. "I...need you to pass out these," said Millicent brushing off her confusion and turning to Marcus.

Marcus took the charmed pamphlets as Millicent handed them to him. "With the Chess teams approved, Slytherin needs it team composed quickly. "We only need four to start playing. which as of now is just me and Tabitha but we are excepting up to six players. Everything else they need to know if in that." said Millicent. 

"I knew you'd get them to have chess teams, It's a pity I won't be around to watch you play," Marcus said. "Oh, I'm sure you'll see Slytherin at nationals or something. I will have daddy send you tickets when it happens." Millicent said.

"Hey Flint, do me a favor?" Millicent asked. "anything." Marcus answered quickly, "Keep an eye on Viktor and Karkaroff. They're being strange and Valentine has hinted that something might be afoot." She said. Marcus sneered, "Think they're trying to rig the tournament?" He asked. Millicent shook her head, "I don't know and if they were I could honestly careless. That's not what it seemed Valentine was alluding to." she murmured.

"I will keep a close eye on them Millie, don't worry," said Marcus.

Millicent gave Marcus' arm a pat of approval and turned on her heel to leave. "tell Theodore Tabitha says hello. I'm off to Astronomy." she hummed.

"I am not running to this class - I am not running to this class," Millicent murmured to herself as she tried to speed walk towards the Astronomy tower. trekking to the quidditch fields took up more time than she would have liked. Reaching into her canvas bag she pulled out a series of papers with detailed drawings of them. "Let's hope these appease the professor, last thing I need is to cause Slytherin points." Millicent thought continuing on her way.