Chapter • Sixteen

Luke's POV
I was walking down the stairs when I heard Ellie, Alex and Jack talking about dinner. I knew I was starving because we haven't eaten all day, however Ellie kept saying she wasn't hungry. I called her upstairs and she followed me. Jack smirked at me and I shot him a shut up face.

I led Ellie into my room and immediately embraced her in a hug. She started crying immediately. "I'm here." I told her. I know she is struggling with some sort of eating disorder. I didn't expect her to open up to me immediately, but I'm glad I can at least try to help her.

"Don't let them get under your skin." I told her.

"I just don't know what's wrong with me. I just don't want any food!" Ellie cried into my stomach.

"I know Ellie." I said hugging her. "Maybe you could just have some fruit and vegetables?"

"Yeah I'll eat a little of that I guess." She said quietly. "But I don't want to go back down there after that."

"Ellie I'm sure they don't even remember that happening." I told her.

"Ok." She said quietly.

"We can wait for dinner to be ready then go down." I told her while pulling my phone out to text Jack. I told him to just cut up some extra fruits and veggies for Ellie.

|•|

Dinner went pretty well. Ellie ate most of her food and then we said good bye to the boys. Now we're on our way back to Plymouth. Ellie had fallen asleep in the passenger seat. I was holding her hand as we got closer to her house.

I pulled into her driveway and put my car in park. Her car was in her garage telling me that our friends are here.

"Hey Ellie." I said lightly tapping her. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Are we home?" She asked while yawning.

"Yeah." I smiled at her. We both got out of the car and went inside. I grabbed her bag for her and carried it inside.

"Hey guys!" Ryland said walking up to Ellie and hugging her.

"Hey." I answered. Sasha, Tyler and Seamus came up from the basement when they heard our voice.

"Alright Dukes let's go!" Tyler said grabbing me by the shoulder.

"Ok ok." I laughed. "See you guys in school!"

The girls all waved back with smiles and the boys and I were out the door. While they were putting their bags in my car Ellie poked her head out the door.

"Bye Luke." She smiled. "Maybe I'll see you again before school starts?"

"Definitely." I smiled and leaned in to kiss her. "Bye Ellie."

The boys and I piled into the the car and as soon as I started driving Sasha spoke up.

"So are we not gonna talk about that orrr" he said trailing on.

"Yeah man you kissed her before we left." Tyler said from the back seat.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I silently thanked the car for being dark. I smiled and thought to myself.

"I mean common hughes just spill the beans." Sasha said from beside me.

"Ok I will I will." I laughed.

"So we know you've kissed her before and we know you like her but man that was not just a kiss that was like a goodbye kiss!" Sasha said excitedly.

"Ok well I should just tell you guys." I laughed rubbing my face.

"Tell us what?" Tyler said.

"I asked her to be my girlfriend." I said almost unsure of myself.