Chapter • Twenty Eight

Ellerie's POV
I climbed out of Luke's car once we were at the barn. "So I was thinking," I started while we walked together towards the barn. "We could maybe go on a trail ride together today?" I looked over to Luke who was smiling.

"I'd love that Ellie!" He smiled at me.

"Yay!" I exclaimed. "You can ride Bacardi and I'll ride Hoyo!"

I'm honestly so happy that Luke likes to be around the horses. I'm glad he likes what I like to do because I like to do what he does too. We walked together into the barn and got the horses ready.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Yup!" He smiled at me. He was holding Bacardis reins with two hands. I helped him get on then went to take his picture.

Once Luke was on I climbed onto Hoyo. I decided to ride him bareback for our trail ride.

"So do you want to go in the woods in the field or..." I asked Luke while we walked towards the trail.

"I don't know." He laughed.

"Well how comfortable are you right now?" I asked him.

"Pretty good." He answered me as we walked side by side.

"Ok so then let's go in the woods!" I smiled. We walked in silence for a while until we were at the woods entrance.

"You just let her go she knows what to do." I smiled at him. We talked the rest of the time in the woods until we got to the galloping stretch I like to do with my horses.

"So just walk up near that big tree." I said pointing. "And I'll catch up."

"Alrighty Ellie." He walked with Bacardi to the tree then turned to me. I let Hoyo go and we ran towards Luke. He had his phone out and had it pointed at us. I pulled him up when we got close to Luke.

"That was so fast!" He laughed while I got close to him.

"Yeah I guess we were going pretty fast!" I smiled while we started to walk. I can tell Luke is getting more comfortable with riding.

"I got this picture of you." He said showing me his phone.

"Oo send that to me!" I smiled. I received the picture and put it on my story.

I captioned it birthday trail rides with Hoyo and Lu☺️

I captioned it birthday trail rides with Hoyo and Lu☺️. I put it on my story then went back to talking with Luke.

|•|

As we got closer to the barn I could hear the horses making lots of noise.

"That's weird." I thought out loud.

"What is?" Luke asked me.

"The horses their making a ton of noise!" I said confused.

"Well we better go check it out!" He laughed.