Chapter • Twenty Five

Ellerie's POV
I woke up super sore. My face burned and my eye hurt so bad. I rolled over and last nights events came flooding back into my mind.

I shuddered at the memory. I saw Luke sleeping next to me. He had one hand over my waist and the other under his head. I smiled at him.

"Morning Ellie." Luke smiled softly.

"Morning." I said sadly.

"Come here baby." He said gently pulling me close to him. He rubbed my back while we cuddled.

"How am I supposed to tell my mom." I asked quietly.

"Let's just call her." Luke said. "I'll stay here the whole time."

"Alright." I said sadly. "I'll just do it now then she'll come home sooner."

"Ok." Luke said giving me a supportive smile.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone. I went to the phone app and called my mom. As soon as I started dialing I broke down. Luke grabbed my hand and my tears slowed.

"Hello?" I heard my moms voice dripping with a southern drawl.

"Mama." I cried into the phone.

"Oh baby what's wrong?" She asked clearly worried.

"Mama I was at a party and I was upstairs getting a drink and this kid came and he took me upstairs like by holding me." I said choking back tears. "And he brought me into a room and he-he." I couldn't finish the sentence.

"Baby you tell me what happened." She said upset from the other end.

"He raped me mama." I cried. "And he hit me and my eye is all swollen."

There was silence on the other end. "I'm coming home as soon as I can baby." She said calmly. "You took care of yourself?"

"Yeah Luke came home with me and took care of me." I said quietly.

"Ok good." She said. I could tell she was worried but was trying to stay happy for me. "I'll be home soon, but for now I don't want you staying home alone you hear?"

"Ok mama." I answered. "Luke is here right now if you want to talk to him."

"Ok good. Can you put me on speaker?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said putting my phone on speaker.

"Hi Ms. Millis." He said from next to me.

"Oh Luke." My mom answered sweetly. "Thank you so much for taking care of my girl."

"Anytime Ms. Millis. I'd do anything to keep her safe." He said sincerely.

"You take good care of her, you hear." She said pulling a serious mom. I chuckled lightly and Luke looked at me.

"Yes ma'am." He smiled while talking.

"Alright you to hangout today I'll be home in the morning." My mom answered.

"Thanks mama." I answered weakly. "I love you."

"I love you too baby cakes." She said back.

"Bye mama." I said hanging up the phone. I collapsed into Luke's arms.

"I know it's hard baby." He said wrapping his arms around me and kissing me on the head. "But I'm always here for you."

"I know Lu." I said into his chest.

"Let's go watch a movie." Luke said lifting me off the bed.

"Ok." I said wrapping my legs around him. He carried me downstairs and into the kitchen.

"But first let's get some food." He said going into the fridge. He was still shirtless and I could watch him like this all day long. His toned muscles moved as he did and they flexed while he reached for things. I was clearly admiring him when he turned around.

"Like what you see Ellie?" He asked smiling.

"Maybe." I laughed looking down.

"Well I like what I see." He said putting his hands on my thighs. I smiled at him letting him know that it was ok.

I leaned in to kiss him and I felt the fireworks again. I put my hand on his cheek as his hands moved to my waist. As we were making out my waist started to hurt where his hands were. I pulled away and looked down.

"Cutie what's wrong?" Luke asked frantically. "Did I hurt you?"

"No." I said quietly. "But I think John left bruises on my waist."

"Can I look baby?" Luke asked me. I nodded and Luke slowly lifted my hoodie.

"Here." I said rolling down my Nike pros. Once I did it revealed big finger mark shaped bruises.

"I'm going to kill that ass hole." Luke grumbled turning to grab some ice.

"Lu it's ok for now." I said quietly while he put the ice on my sides.

"Ellie he raped you! He can't just get away with that." I he said throwing his hands in the air.

"Luke look at me." I said pulling him towards me. "I really don't want to start anything in school, all I know is that we don't like him anymore, ok?"

He shook his head and looked down. I grabbed onto his hand. "Please Luke. For me? It will help me a lot. I just want to move on from this."

He paused for a while thinking about what I said. "I can do that." He sighed. "And I understand what your saying."

"Thank you." I sighed pulling him in for a hug.

"Now time for food!" Luke said happily. I chuckled at him while he pulled out different items.

"What are you making?" I asked him.

"Smoothies!" He smiled at me. I just smiled back in response.

He took different fruits and put them in a blender. "Do you like spinach?" Luke asked turning to me.

"No." I said scrunching up my nose.

"Then none for you!" He smiled turning around. "What about kiwi?"

"I can't have kiwi." I laughed. He made a funny face at me.

"Your like allergic?" He chuckled.

"Yeah?" I questioned laughing.

"How are you just allergic to kiwi!" He laughed.

"I don't know Luke!" I said laughing harder. "It's just how I am!"

He went to blend my smoothie and laughed more.

Once the smoothies were made Luke came over to me. "You wanna hold this?" He asked handing me the smoothies.

"Yup!" I said taking them from him then wrapping my legs around his torso.

"Let's go cutie!" He said heading to the basement stairs. I laughed while we walked down the stairs.

Once we were downstairs Luke put me on the couch and went to grab a blanket and the TV remote. He walked over to me and sat down on the couch.

"Here ya go." I smiled handing him his smoothie.

"Thanks cutie." He answered. I started drinking my smoothie.

"This is super good bub." I told him.

He turned his head towards me and made a funny face. "What?" I asked him.

"I don't know you just always called me Luke or Lu." He laughed.

"Yeah well you started calling me cutie so I'm calling you bub." I smiled up at him.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Alright cutie."

"But I do like the smoothie." I smiled at him.

"Good." He smiled. "Now what should we watch?"

"Can we watch Phineas and Ferb?" I giggled.

"Sure." Luke smiled while laughing at me. Once I finished my smoothie I cuddled up into Luke's side.