≋3≋

Gyutaruu and Ume stand looming over the two of you. They don't really look like siblings, but they both have the same exact scowl on their faces.

"Ah! Sorry about that! Come on Sabito, let's go" You laugh nervously, grabbing Sabito's sleeve and tugging him along

Gyutaruu's scowl forms into a smug grin and he steps in front of you, blocking your path

"Hey hey hey! Where do you think you're going little one? Don't you wanna say hii?~"

Ume seems to catch on to what Gyutaruu is doing, and she grins as well

"Gyutaruu-kun wait! I remember these two! Don't you?"

Gyutaruu looks over you and Sabito, feigning shock "Oh!"

Please just let this be over quick

"What's the matter Gyutaruu? You look like you've just seen a ghost!! I suppose he may well be one" Ume giggles, leaning in to Sabito's face "Everyone thinks you're dead, isn't that right Gyutaruu-Kun?"

They both laughed and you watched, feeling helpless and sick to your stomach

Why are they so bitter?! Over something that wasn't even our fault...

"That's stupid. I'm standing right here aren't I?" Sabito's face twitched, his hand balling up into a fist at his side

Ume's smile disappeared for a moment "Excuse me? You must've hit your head pretty hard. Learn to take a joke, you freak."

There is now a small crowd gathering around you

"If that was supposed to be a joke, then you're not very funny. Quite insufferable, actually" Sabito steps toward her, daring her to do something

"Don't you fucking dare talk to Ume like that" Gyutaruu pushed Sabito, completely losing his cool

Damn it!! I can't just stand here

Before Sabito can react, you step in front of him, your heart pounding in your rib cage

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!"

Gyutaruu paused, barking a laugh at you. You shudder as his fangs become visible

"What're you gonna do? Get out of my way. You look like a shitty slut with no self-respect."

You wince at his words, biting your lip in a feeble attempt not to cry. Still, you manage to speak, though your voice is trembling "Back away! I'm warning you!"

"Or what huh? Or what?" Gyutaruu laughs, getting in your face

"HEY!! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE??" A deep voice boomed from behind you.

"Run" Sabito whispers, grabbing your hand.

You tighten your grip on his hand and squeeze your eyes shut and the next thing you know, he's pulling you along behind him through the halls.

With your eyes closed, you have an easier time tapping in to your other senses.

You can hear three sets of footsteps chasing after you.

You open your eyes, expecting to see Sabito frowning. Instead, he's laughing. He seems so free, how does he do it?

"What's your first class?" He asks, panting. Even though the two of you are running from Ume, Gyutaruu, and some teacher, he's surprisingly calm.

You, on the other hand, are sweating and struggling to keep up "M-math--Room 12, math with Sanemi Shinazugawa"

"Math!! Wow, that's back down on the first floor" Sabito huffed "Alright, we can do this. Get ready"