≋31≋

Getting home that night on the bus, you watched the street lights go by through the window while thinking about what had just happened

After the two of you were done hanging out, Sabito said that he would be okay to return to his room on his own. You felt reluctant to let him go, for fear that he might be punished, but he said that it would be best if he were to go alone and not drag you down with him.

To that, you caved and let him leave.

Now that you are alone on the quiet night ride home, your head is brimming with fantasies of what could have happened if you had just done it.

I had the opportunity to kiss him. I really wanted it, too....but something is stopping me. I don't know what.

In your lap sits the stuffed animal from before. You stare into its small black eyes and stroke the ears comfortingly

He wanted to go out on a date with me, too. I never said yes, but what was that just now? I guess it was kind of like a date but, also not really

I wonder if he thinks of it that way too

You push the thought away momentarily, letting your mind go blank so you can focus

The bus stops about a block away from your house and you get off, and start to walk uphill along the road.

As you walk a thought comes to your head. You reach in your pocket and touch the chain Tanjiro gave you

I..almost forgot about this! But why do I still insist on carrying it with me? It's useless.

Then, when you came upon your house you had an idea

Tanjiro and Nezuko

They've been trying to tell me something about shady stuff going on at school

You look at the direction which Aoi and Genya walked off into after school today. Most would have seen it and assumed they were just hanging out, but you were under the impression that something else was going on.

If Tanjiro was here, would he tell me to go after them? Or maybe I should just ask?

You shook your head quickly and paced into the house with your hands in your front pocket. It's pointless to think about what Tanjiro would do. You're supposed to be mad at him, right?

Finally, the next day, Friday has arrived. It is the end of the week, so you can expect that most students will be in a good mood today.

I'm gonna get my skateboard back today, and talk to Aoi about Genya

Even your spirits are a little higher today than usual—well, as high as they can be, with all things considered. The police investigation is still going on and yet they haven't even found a fraction of evidence outside of what you gave them.

Whoever kidnapped her is skilled, that's for sure. They've barely left behind any tracks. But you know she's alive. Your instincts have never been wrong.

Sitting in Math class, your eyes flick to the clock on the wall a few times in desperation.

please let me out so I can talk to Aoi. At least for a few minutes

Aoi sits directly in front of you. This might have been convenient in another class, but in one as strict as Sanemi's, you'll never even get the chance to inhale before he gets you in trouble for talking.

so instead of doing anything, you decided to just lay your head down until class was over. Then, you could talk to her during passing period.