≋35≋

(Sorry if there is a continuity error here, I'm not exactly sure if I made Kagaya the principal in previous chapters)

After that, you promised yourself that you would text Sabito, but for some reason it was so hard to pick up the phone. You haven't even touched social media in who knows how long.

But worst of all, you felt bad because if anyone should know about the big news, it should be him. Makomo and Sabito were just as close as you with him.

Everyone at school has been eyeing you like some sort of spectacle. And he hasn't even showed up to comfort you through it all. Not to mention what you knew would be an inevitable conclusion; Makomo transferred to a school somewhere south of where you lived. She hasn't contacted you at all, but your best guess is that the embarrassment was just too much to handle. Can't really blame her.

For fear of immediate backlash, no one's said anything to you about her yet. Not even Zenitsu. It's probably going to be one of those school rumors that goes down in history forever, and eventually evolves into a weird ghost story.

You plop down into your seat, eyeing Tanjiro from across the room. He's clicking his mechanical pencil absent mindedly, which makes you smile a little

I never noticed that before. Has that always been a habit? Maybe he's stressed

Sanemi cleared his throat, catching your attention and drawing it towards the front of the classroom

"Welcome back, class"

Everyone fell silent as they watched a woman enter the room behind him. She's long, lean and refined; her purple tipped black hair falls just below her waist, and she has purple acrylic nails to match. Her eyes are sharp, and she's wearing a crisp black blazer over her white sweater.

Your first thought is that you've never seen her before, and your second is that she looks amazing.

It was no surprise that she had a firm, but smooth voice when she spoke. The woman came to stand at the front beside Sanemi

"It is my understanding that some of you have been dealing with an especially difficult time regarding the disappearance of a fellow student." She said

A few eyes are looking at you now. How can they be so shamelessly obvious?

"...and with her recent return home, I can imagine that it is also very emotionally taxing, for all of you."

The students around you seem to murmur their agreement

"That is why starting today, I've decided to open a student therapy group, to have an open conversation about the goings on at our academy"

The hawk eyes of the woman washed over the group, searching for any resistance. Two students who had been chuckling to themselves went quiet when making eye contact with her

A therapy group..? For these people?! They don't deserve to share their pain. IM the one who faced the real pain, and yet, somehow it is now everyone's burden?!

Im not going

"We will be meeting on Wednesdays during the afternoon. Please, come meet with me at the office to sign in—my name is Kanae Kochou. I look forward to talking with you" the woman says

"Thank you for your time." She added, bowing before taking her leave

You watched as the woman left, wondering who she was and what business she had nosing around in Makomo's life. Oh well, it can't be helped by now.

((Timeskip))

Sanemi dismissed the class with haste today, making your life much easier. A break from math is a break you'll take any day.