≋7≋

You stand firm between the two of them, masking your fear surprisingly well.

"If your beef is with the kids who were there, then why go after me?" You murmur

"Ah! It speaks!" Gyutaruu comments

Ume leans to the side with one hand on her hip "You really think we don't know? We're not pathetic and clueless like you."

You barred your teeth at her

"We were recently informed by a certain someone that you've been talking shit and feeding lies to all the other students. Lies about us, and lies about your whereabouts that night."

"YOU said, that you were at that party that night and that it was Gyutaruu who made Genya do it. You set this rumor up and now it's going perfectly to plan. How does it feel?!"

You could no longer hold back your shock. You step away from Ume, looking at her with wide eyes "I never said that! Why would I lie about something like that?!"

Ume laughs and shakes her head "Oh PLEASE. You have every motive to lie."

"I was going to invite you to that party" You perk up at those words

"But when I found out that you hated me even before all of this? Of course, I decided not to invite you. So, out of spite, what do you do? You try and screw it up for EVERYBODY ELSE."

When Ume's palm comes down upon your face, you're so taken aback by her words that the slap has more power over you than it should.

It causes you to stumble back, clutching the red spot on your face where she slapped you.

"Please leave me alone" You beg

your throat was dry. You could feel beads of sweat forming on your forehead.

"Not a chance," Ume growls, looming over you

"You fucked with us, and now it's over. It's a shame I'll have to smash that pretty face of yours in now."

She slaps you again, harder this time

"Please, I didn't do it--" but it seems the more you beg, the more excited Ume gets to hit you again. This time, she kicks you in the stomach, and you feel all the air leave your lungs at once.

"Okay Ume, I think that's enough" Gyutaruu warns, but Ume doesn't stop

"I'll NEVER forgive you. NEVER. THIS is why everyone hates you: because you're nothing, nothing, nothing" Ume cries through each kick

Though your vision is blurred, you can see Ume crying. Why?

Something's happening now, but you can't tell what it is

The last thing you hear is a horrified scream coming from Ume, and Gyutaruu's yell

But you're in so much pain, and your ears are ringing.

You lay your head down and close your eyes, for what you think is the last time.

Where am I...? It's so bright in here, I can't see anything

You squint at the white light burning your eyes

Am I dying? Damn, that was a shitty end.

"(Y/n)"

A warm hand caresses your cheek. You lean into their touch.

"(Y/n) can you hear me? Look, it's me!"

The hand gently turns your head to the side, and you see him

"Tanjirou? Where am I?"

Despite the situation, Tanjirou's smiling at you. Albeit a worried smile, but a smile nonetheless. Either way, you're pleased to feel that warm feeling again.