Epilogue

London, 2003 ...

You dropped your bag in the hallway. You were exhausted and in dire need of a shower after today. Work had dragged on for forever and you couldn't wait to crawl under a blanket and end the day early. However, the delicious smell of food lead you past the bathroom and right into the kitchen.

"You're home early!", you said in surprise when you saw Draco sitting at the kitchen counter, looking through the mail.

He looked up and smiled. "You're home late."

"Sorry, I forgot the time, there was so much to do." You leaned down to kiss him before taking a look in the oven where the smell apparently came from. "You cooked?"

"When will you believe me that me and cooking is a dangerous combination. I'd probably burn down the whole building." Draco chuckled. "No, my mother brought it."

"Ah," you made. "That reminds me, we're having lunch tomorrow."

"She invited you?"

You nodded.

"That's probably due to the crushing guilt of her blackmailing you."

You rolled your eyes and playfully hit his shoulder. "I shouldn't have told you, I knew it."

He raised his eyebrows at you. "Please, I should be insulted it took you almost three years to come clean about it."

You shrugged. "It would have hurt your relationship with your mother more if I'd have told you immediately."

On the kitchen counter, between the letters, rested a postcard. Curiously, you reached for it. A picture of a Greek Island and turquoise water was printed on it and on the back, you recognized Theo's messy handwriting. "You think, he'll ever come back from his travels?", you asked Draco when you finished reading the card.

"Nah," Draco shook his head. "Not anytime soon." Then he handed you another letter. "The wedding invitation is here."

"Oh? Astoria is actually inviting me?"

Draco smirked. "She did include a note asking you to please refrain from stealing her husband this time."

You laughed and let him pull you into a hug. "What would I want with a Zabini if I already have a Malfoy?"

"That is a very good point, sweetheart," he replied and kissed you. Softly, slowly and you were surprised by how easily you still got lost in them.

"We need to talk about something else," you then said.

"That sounds serious." He pulled a grimace that made you laugh.

"Hermione told me today that there is a new position at Hogwarts available next year."

Draco looked at you, waiting for you to continue.

"They want a second therapist. Full time. Too many students are still impacted by the war and well, who would've thought mental health problems are not only common among muggles," you said sarcastically.

Draco's face darkened for a second. "I can imagine," he mumbled. "You want to go?"

You shrugged. "I'm definitely interested. I might be able to combine it with my studies. Obviously, I have to ask McGonagall first but ... I think I'd like it."

He smiled warmly. "You'd be great at it."

You gave him a peck on the lips. "And ..."

"There's more?"

You nodded. "And Madame Pomfrey is apparently thinking about retiring. Which means, they need a Healer." You looked at him. "Maybe you can combine it with your studies as well? And we can go together?"

Draco hesitated for a moment. "Maybe," he then said, "it's a good idea, I just need to –"

"It's okay," you said. "Just something to think about. Take all the time you need."

"Thank you." He reaches for your hand.

After three years, all still wasn't well. But things were good. Better than either of you would have ever expected on your graduation day. True, Draco still woke up with nightmares at times, screaming and sweating. And you barely came home to your parents anymore, not being able to face your mother and her disappointment in her daughters. She never forgave either of you.

All wasn't well. But you took it day by day. Together.

Suddenly, your head snapped in the direction of the oven. It smelt ...

"Your food is burning, Draco."

***

A/N: Thank you so so much for reading this story! It means a lot to me and to read your comments and see your votes makes me beyond happy! Thank you so much for your support! You can expect a new series from me soon, until then - thank you again!