Slytherin

That same night ...

"That's bad for your eyes, y'know. Writing without light."

"We have magic to fix his eyes, Blaise."

Draco quickly closed the notebook when he heard the familiar voices. His two best friends, Theo and Blaise, stood next to him. He hadn't heard them approaching. Blaise rolled his eyes when he saw his sudden motion. "Don't worry, we didn't see anything."

"You better not," Draco grumbled and put the book away.

Once again, he sat on the bleachers by the Quidditch field, enjoying the stillness around him. Hardly anyone was here, now that the days had slowly turned colder. The trees had lost their leaves by now, making them look like giant skeletons in the distance. An icy wind blew over the field. Draco didn't mind it though; his green Slytherin scarf and a pair of gloves helped him stay warm just fine.

He wasn't expecting Blaise and Theo – or anyone at all – to come up here tonight and to be completely honest, it bothered him a little. If he wanted to talk to someone, he'd stay in the common room. However, he guessed why they were here.

"So," Blaise began as if he read his mind. He sat down next to him while Theo leaned against the barricade in front of Draco. "We were looking for you."

"Did it ever occur to you that I didn't want to be found?", Draco asked dryly.

"Yes, but since when do we care about such minor details?", Theo retorted with a grin.

Draco sighed theatrically and leaned back against his seat. "So spit it out already, I know why you're here anyways."

Blaise lifted an eyebrow. "Is it true then? You and the Gryffindor?"

"You heard her last night and you saw us today," Draco answered while not looking at either of them.

Blaise waited for him to continue. When it didn't happen, he asked: "How did that happen?"

Draco shrugged. "We ran into each other a few times."

"That's no explanation," Theo snorted. "I run into McGonagall all the time and yet I'm not dating her." This caused Blaise and Draco to look at him in confusion.

"Why are you running into McGonagall all the time?", Blaise tilted his head.

"I don't know," Theo said. "She's always there when I go somewhere."

Draco shook his head. "That's fucking weird."

"It is," Blaise agreed. "Maybe she's stalking you."

"Or he's stalking her," the white-haired Slytherin added with a grin which caused Blaise to laugh.

Theo rolled his eyes. "Oh fuck off and don't change the subject."

This caused Blaise to stop laughing as if he suddenly remembered why they were here. "He's right, Draco. Don't change the subject." He cleared his throat. "How did that happen?"

Draco wondered how much he could tell his friends. On the one side, he trusted them. However, they were also way too talkative. No, if worst came to worst, Astoria would hear about this dumb plan of his and then all hell would break loose. Besides, if they didn't tell anyone, he would be subject to relentless teasing for the rest of his life. So Draco decided to keep it vague.

"You remember at the beginning of the school year when all those parties took place?"

They nodded.

"Well, we accidently hid in the same storage room from our dates," he continued. "That's when we met. And then I guess, we just kept running into each other." Draco hoped that they would be content with his answer. He was wrong.