Reality

A/N: Thank you so much for your feedback and votes! It means a lot! Someone on another plattform asked me how old Draco and the Reader are. To clarify: Draco is 19 in this story, the Reader is 18.

A/N: There will be smut in this chapter. If you feel uncomfortable reading it, read until the first "***" and then scroll down to the next "***". The texts there are safe and clean and relevant to the plot. Enjoy!

__

"To change the situation."

You blinked. Slowly, very slowly, did you begin to process the four words and their meaning, your mouth suddenly feeling very dry. You suppressed the urge to lick over your lips.

The Slytherin didn't look insecure or nervous. No, his grey eyes suddenly seemed to be a few shades darker (or maybe it was just the dim light in the hall?). His gaze bored into yours, right into your soul. It was impossible to escape and caused you to swallow. His lips were parted slightly as he leaned against the doorframe. He was still wearing his shirt from dinner and the tie hung loosely from his neck.

Draco waited for your reply.

Seeing him like this, you realized that you weren't the slightest bit surprised that he had knocked on your door. Even though you had refused to believe for weeks that something could ever happen between the two you, it had never been a question of "if". It had always been "when". And apparently, "when" was tonight.

"Y/N?"

Your name rolled off his tongue like honey; his voice was low and husky. A shiver ran down your spine.

This is wrong, the thought crossed your mind. All the acting and pretending, the soft touches in hallways and classrooms that were born out of lies, the moments of vulnerability the two of you shared – it had clouded your judgment. It made you believe that there was something between the two you. This isn't real.

But ... maybe you didn't need it to be real. Because 'real' meant heartbreak and loss and pain and both of you had experienced enough of that for a lifetime. Maybe, just for a little while, you wanted exactly this. A dream, a fantasy, magic that would vanish as soon as you stepped foot in Hogwarts again.

You didn't need 'real'. Not tonight.

You blinked again. Draco still waited for an answer. Then you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding and when he saw the look in your eyes, his mouth twitched, fighting the smirk. So this was Draco Malfoy, you thought, the one who caused even Gryffindors hearts to flutter.

When you spoke, your voice was low and steady:

"Change it then."

***

Now, Draco didn't hide the smirk anymore. There was a sparkle in his eyes as he took a step forward. You didn't back away, keeping your gaze fixated on him. He rested his hand on your hip and only the thin fabric of your robe separated him from your skin. It made your heart beat faster and your breath started to tremble.

His pupils were dilated now and the smirk widened when he noticed how you reacted to him. Draco closed the door behind him with his foot and you swallowed when it fell shut. It was only dimly lit in the small hotel room and suddenly you realized – this was happening.

"Tell me to leave and I will," Draco must have seen your eyes flickering towards the door.

You shook your head. "I don't want you to leave." It was the truth. There was nothing in this world that could possibly made you want him to go right now.

You didn't need this to be real. Not tonight.

"Good," Draco whispered, his voice hoarse. His fingers tightened on your hips and you drew a sharp breath of air when he suddenly pushed you against the wall. He chuckled at your reaction.