Chapter Fifty Three

Upstate New York, 2023, seconds later

"Hey, Cap, you read me?" A voice spoke through the ear piece.

Steve stops and looks around. Alex does the same, spinning in a circle trying to find where it was coming from.

"Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?" Sam spoke again. Suddenly a yellow portal begins to form behind them.

"On your left." Steve and Alex turn to their left to see the portal opening wider as three figures walked towards them. The closer the figure get, the easier it is to identify them. Okoye, Shuri, and Black Panther, fully restored and ready to fight stand in a line before the two remaining heros.

Steve and the revived Wakandans share a look when Sam zooms in from above in his Falcon armor. As he does, dozens more portals opening up all around the battlefield. Through one of these, they see Doctor Strange descend in joined by Drax, Mantis, Star Lord, and Spider-Man. Everyone watches in confusion and awe as more and more heroes arrive from all corners of the universe, all backed up with forces of their own including Black Panther and his Wakandan army, Valkyrie and the Asgardians, Wong and the Masters of the Mystic Arts and several Ravager ships. Amongst the throngs of heroes, Bucky, Groot, Wanda, the Wasp, and Pepper Potts, clad in her own iron suit, arrive. Nearly every hero has magically been transported to the battlefield to face Thanos' hordes.

Slowly walking around the crowd of Wakandan soldiers, a familiar dirty blonde head of hair makes its way into Alex's sight. With a small gasp from Alex, the two females run towards each other. They grasp each other in a hug, clutching on and never wanting to let go.

"I love you, too, Bailey." Alex muttered as she stroked the younger girls hair. They reluctantly pulled away from each other, wiping the their tears as they did so.

"Is that everyone?" Alex faintly heard Doctor Stranger ask.

"What, you wanted more?" She heard another person question back in bewilderment.

Scott suddenly emerges in his largest form from the rubble of the Avengers facility with Hulk, Rhodey, and Rocket. The Avengers, Guardians, Wakandans, Asgardians, and Ravagers take up battle positions. The heroes standing across Thanos' forces.

"AVENGERS!" Steve called out as he summoned the hammer. "Assemble."

With that word, everyone lets out a battle cry before charging forward to the fight. Thanos raises his sword towards them, commanding his army to charge as well. Alex runs forward with Bailey not far behind. With one last look at the girl Alex has grown to love and care about, she pushes her magic up and start using it to fly across the the battlefield. When she loses what little control she was holding on to, Alex landed on the ground and started fighting the aliens with her hands.

"Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?" Alex heard Clint's voice as it echo through the earpiece and behind her. As she saw Clint running past her from the corner of her eye, gauntlet in hand, her power surged stronger than ever before as she pushed it out at every alien with in ten yards of her. Alex looked down at her hands and the purple wisp that surrounded them before looking at the empty space around her with a smile.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" Steve order through the comms.

"No! We need to get them back where they came from." Bruce corrected, as Alex rose up into the air, clearing the way for Clint to run through.

"No way to get them back. Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel." Tony stated.

"Hold on!" Scott answered before he was seen shrinking back to normal height. "That wasn't our only time machine."

Scott presses the button, which activates the van's horn with the song 'La Cucaracha', which is heard from afar. Alex starts glancing around to try and spot the van but is quickly side tracked when an alien monster starts fly towards her.

"Anyone see an ugly, brown van up there?" Alex barely heard Steve question as she fought off the alien.

"Yes! But you're not gonna like where it's parked!" A woman's voice answered back.

"Scott, how long you need to get that thing working?" Tony questioned.

"Maybe ten minutes." He answered.

"Get it started. We'll get the stones to you." Alex called out as she finally used her magic to rip the alien in half. She threw more piece of her magic at some aliens before following after Clint again. She rushes towards him when she sees that he is surrounded by Thanos' army. Landing in front of him, she pushes her magic to create a force field that blocks any oncoming hits, while T'Challa takes care of the aliens behind them.

"Clint! Give it to me." The King ordered as Alex lowered her hand to help Clint up. He grabbed her hand before passing the gauntlet to T'Challa, who starts running for the van while fighting Thanos' army with the help of Alex who closely follows after. Eventually he is stopped by the double edged sword, boomeranged by Thanos, knocking the gauntlet away from the two heroes. When it gets back to him, he charges T'Challa, but is stopped by Wanda, who's face is filled with anger.

"You took everything from me." She spoke in a deadly voice.

"I don't even know who you are." Thanos answered before charging at Wanda.

"You will." She said before picking up some debris on the ground and sending it to crush Thanos with it.

"Get those stones away from here, T'Challa!" Alex ordered before landing on the ground near Wanda. She watched for a split second as the red head through her magic at the purple giant before joining in. "Want some help?"

Wanda said nothing as she fought side by side with Alex, a mixture of scarlet red and dark violet mix together to fight against Thanos. They continue to fight the titan, even as Alex feels her powers growing weaker due to the distance between her and the gauntlet growing. With the lost strength from Alex, Thanos manages to throw her aside as he presses his blade down towards Wanda, who only pushes her magic against it. Wanda quickly gains her strength back and throughs the sword behind him before grabbing the giant in her scarlet wisps. She then uses her powers to lift Thanos into the air, tearing pieces of his armor away.

"Rain fire!" The two females heard him command as red continued to swirl around him. "Just do it!"