Chapter Fifty One

Upstate New York, 2023, moments later

"Good to go, yeah?" Tony questioned as Bruce held the gauntlet in his large hands.

"Let's do it." Bruce assured as he looked down at the gauntlet.

"You remember– everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years." Tony re-informed as Alex slowly made her way into the room. She stood at the back of the group, clutching the blanket that was wrapped around her shoulders.

"Got it." Bruce nodded as everyone started to suit up and prepare themselves.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., do me a favor and activate Barn Door Protocol. Will you?" Tony spoke to the AI.

"Yes, boss." It responded and soon after every window, exit, and doorway in the facility closed with a strong metal blocking.

"Everybody comes home." Bruce muttered to himself as he started to put the gauntlet on. As he shoved his hand into the glove, it expands to fit his hand rather than a normal human sized one. The gauntlet finally closes around the giants hand and surges with power. Each color of the infinity stones spark around the glove as Bruce sinks to the floor in pain.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Thor yells.

"No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?" Steve asked the groaning green man.

"Talk to me, Banner." Tony orders after a moment groaning.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." Bruce finally managed to say as he clutched the gauntlet with his other hand. Alex slowly moved forward, toward the circle of Avengers and Bruce and away from the wall.

Thor gives a double thumbs up to Bruce as Alex's magic flex uncontrollably. Nothing could heard over Bruce's screams of pain and the power surging from the gauntlet. The purple magic of Alex quickly floated towards the green man, as if it was trying to help him.

"Alex, stop. You're just going to hurt yourself." Alex barely heard Steve's statement as her magic continued its way towards Bruce.

Before anyone around her could stop her, or before she could explain it wasn't her, the purple wisped wrapped themselves around Bruce and the gauntlet. The blondes scream were soon to join Bruce's as pain crashed into every part of her body, but her magic didn't waver. Fighting through the intense pain coursing through his body courtesy of the gauntlet, Bruce managed to snap his fingers. At the peak of the gauntlets power, Alex stopped screaming as all the pain left her body like it had never been there. After the bright blinding light that the glove produced, Bruce crashed to the floor as the gauntlet slid off his arm. Alex, however, stood tall as Clint kicked the gauntlet away from the group.

"Bruce!" Steve exclaimed as he raced over to the fallen man.

"Don't move him." Tony demanded as his suit sprayed something over Bruce's burned arm.

"Did it work?" Bruce asked through pants as he grabbed onto Steve's arm.

"We're not sure. It's over. It's okay." Thor soothed as he kneeled beside them.

Alex watched as Scott walked towards the now open outside windows as Clint's phone starts ringing on the table. The woman slowly felt a tear in her heart start to stich itself self back up as if a bond was being made. A bond that broke five years ago and until recently thought would stay broken forever.

"Guys– I think it worked!" Scott said in celebrations as Alex cracked a smile.

"It worked." The scratchy voice of Alex was heard for the first time in a few hours by the group of heroes. "It worked. I can feel Bailey again."

Bruce opens his eyes and for a second the world was quiet and peaceful again. The feeling of everything returning to normal was fresh and blissful to everyone. It was the quiet before the storm, a period of peace before the war started. However, peace could not last in a world or heroes and villain's. As long as there was one, the other would always follow.

Bruce's eyes held a short look of happiness before fear took over. The sound of a loud whistle-like noise was barely audible before the peace came falling around them, shattering quicker than glass at a high speed. Alex could barely make out a large spaceship blocking the sun before the missile hit the ground and exploded. The group of heroes were forced back by the power of the missile and covered in tons of rubble. Then a continuous array of missiles destroys the base completely and everyone sinks below to the underground.

The world was black. It sounded muffled. It felt cold and wet. Alex could feel the world around her. She could feel the pounds of rubble that crushed down over her torso and arms. She could feel the cold lake water that rushed passed her, trying to find a place other than the large hole it was once held captive in. She could feel the small pulse of her magic, trying to break free from the rocks that lay atop her.

"Mayday, mayday! Does anybody copy? We're in the lower level, it's flooding!" Alex finally made out the sound of Rhodey's shouting through the ringing in her ears.

"Wh-at?" The crackling voice of Scott cut through the sound of rushing water.

"We're drowning! Does anybody copy? Mayday!" Rhodey repeated.

"Rhodey." Alex groaned out with a cough. If there was a response from Scott, the woman could not hear it. Her hearing was going in and out, so much so that she could barely hear herself. "Rhodey."

"Alex! Alex, where- you?" Rhodeys voice broke through the ringing before cutting in and out again. The man did not get an answer in response. Instead all he got was a bright flash of purple light. A bright flashed that pulsed every two seconds before it dimmed down to nothing.

Nothing more was said from the blonde as her magic continued to pulse. She felt as if a part of her was moving, a part that she couldn't control. As her magic pulsed once more she felt power surge through her. The feeling of being strong, powerful and invincible all at the same time flowed through her.

The rubble exploded around her as her body float upward into a standing position. Purple wisp surrounded her hands and the rocks that once kept her grounded. Her eyes also glowed purple with power, her face held a look of determination. The rocks surrounding her dropped and rolled along the ground, some blocking the water that continued to attack her, Rhodey, Rocket, and Bruce. Without a word to any of the three males, she used her magic to push her body up and out of the rubble.