Chapter Nineteen

(Alex's new suit but light purple instead of blue (credits to the OG drawer))

Eastern Europe, 2015, minutes before attack on base

Alex gave Natasha a small smile and nodded before the redhead drove off towards the base. Clint was above them shooting arrows and Alex was firing her gun. They fought out any guards that came near. Alex kicked a guard that had a jet pack on before shooting the repulsers of another.

She watched as Thor flew up, taking in five guys at once. Steve was riding in on his motorcycle, dragging one guy before throwing him at another. She continued to fire her gun as the Hulk ran in front of them, tearing through the guys firing at them.

Alex flew out of the car as Natasha swung it to the side. Alex started pushing herself up with her magic, fighting some of the guys with jet packs. She landed on the ground with a thud and started throwing her magic toward the enemies.

"Shit!" Alex heard Tony yell through the earpiece.

"Language! JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve asked as Alex had a confused look on her face.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken." The AI answered.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." Thor said fighting off some guys.

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys," Natasha said after she knock some soldiers out.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint chimed in hiding behind a tree.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said "language?"" Tony said as he flew around the base.

"I know. It just slipped out." Steve said as he flung his bike at a vehicle that some soldiers were in.

"Sir, the city is taking fire." The AI informed.

"Well, we know Strucker's not going to worry about civilian casualties. Send in the Iron Legion." Tony ordered as five suits flew towards the city.

"Guys, I think we got incoming," Alex informed as she saw a blur of blue run through the forest.

"Clint!" Natasha exclaimed in worry as he fell to the ground from the gunshot. Alex materialized to Clint and out a force field around them as Natasha ran towards them.

"We have an enhanced in the field," Steve informed as the blur knocked into him.

"Clint's hit! Somebody want to deal with that bunker?" Natasha informed kneeling down beside Clint. She sees the hulk tear through the bunker, "Thank you."

"You got him?" Alex asked Natasha as she looked around for the enhanced male.

"Yeah." Natasha nodded. Alex quickly got up and ran away from the two, trying to find the enhanced.

"Stark, we really need to get inside," Steve said as Alex slowly to a stop in the middle of a clearing.

"I'm closing in. JARVIS, am I...closing in? Do you see a power source for that shield?" Tony said not sure of his statement.

"There's a pathway below the north tower." Alex whipped her head around as a branch snapped behind her.

"Great, I wanna poke it with something." Alex heard Tony say before she took out her earpiece. She listened to the quiet around her as another branch snapped.

She quickly caught the enhanced and flipped him on his back. She pointed her gun at his neck before he had a chance to move. Her advantage was quickly taken as he speed behind her shoving her to the ground.

"You didn't see that coming?" He smugly asked as he started to walk away. Alex put up a force field cussing him to run into it.

"You didn't see that coming?" She smirked at him.

"Come on, Pietro. It's time to go." A thick accented female voice spoke through the air. Alex looked around confused as to where to voice came from. Pietro looked at her confused too before running off.

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We're gonna need evac." Alex heard Natasha say as she put her earpiece back in.

"I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone the better. You and Stark secure the scepter." She heard Thor say as she made her way back to the jet.

"Copy that," Steve answered.

"Looks like they're lining up," Thor spoke.

"Well, they're excited," Steve said before a loud bang went through the air.

"Find the scepter," Thor instructs before he flies off.

"And for gosh sake, watch your language!" Tony said as Steve sighed.

"That's not going away anytime soon."

"Not a chance Rogers. Thor, I'm meeting you at the jet." Alex informed.

Alex helped Clint onto a make-shift medical table and started patching his wound. They made small talk as Alex worked. Alex paused her motions when Clint grabbed her arm.

"Tasha really likes you, you know?"

"Yeah, and I really like her too."

"We're locked down out here," Natasha informed.

"Then get to Banner, time for a lullaby," Steve commanded.

"Hey, big guy. The sun's getting real low." Natasha spoke calmly after a minute of silence. The Hulk gave a loud roar as Natasha tried to calm him. "Alex, time for phase two. "

"I'm on my way." She answered as she finished patching Clint. She materialized beside Natasha as the Hulk screamed once again.

Alex let her magic flow around her hands before holding her hand up for the Hulk to see. The Hulk got closer to her hand as he sniffed the magic. Alex didn't move her hand when the Hulk gently grabbed her hand, turning it over and watching as the magic flowed around it. The Hulk let out a heavy breath, blowing away Alex's magic as he backed away into the forest.

Alex turned to face Natasha, giving her a small smile. She walked up to the girl who was looking at the ground with a small smile on her face. Alex gently laid her hand on the redhead's cheek, kissing her head before walking back to the jet.