Chapter Forty One

Upstate New York, 2018, moments later

"Bruce gave him a sedative. He's gonna probably be out for the rest of the day." Rhodey informed as he walked out of the hospital-like room.

"You guys take care of him. And I'll bring him a Xorrian Elixir when I come back." Carol informed as she started walking away.

"Where are you going?" Natasha questioned as she walk away.

"To kill Thanos." She explained. Steve, Alex, and Natasha share a look before walking after her.

"Hey, you know, we usually work as a team here, and between you and I, morale's a little fragile." Alex explained as they came to a halt.

"We realize up there is more your territory, but this is our fight too." Steve continued.

"You even know where he is?" Rhodey asked as he walked up behind the group.

"I know people who might." She shrugged.

"Don't bother. I can tell you where Thanos is. Thanos spent a long time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his great plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask 'where would we go once his plan was complete?'. His answer was always the same: 'To the Garden'." Nebula explained from her spot behind Carol.

"That's cute, Thanos has a retirement plan." Rhodey muttered to himself.

"So where is he?" Steve asked.

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it... Until two days ago." Rocket informed as a hologram of a planet pops up, with a shockwave visibly traversing the surface. "On this planet."

"Thanos is there." Nebula stated.

"He used the stones again." Natasha spoke in disbelief as she leaned closer to the hologram.

"Hey, hey, hey. We'd be going in short-handed, you know." Bruce spoke, not liking the idea that was forming.

"Look, he's still got the stones, so..." Rhodey started.

"So let's get him... Use them to bring everyone back." Carol suggested.

"Just like that?" Rhodey questioned.

"Yeah, just like that." Steve confirmed as he a Carol shares knowing look.

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this... I mean we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try." Alex stated as she looked around at everyone.

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce asked, skeptically.

"Because before, you didn't have me." Carol spoke, puffing her chest out a little.

"Hey, new girl, everyone here is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?" Rhodey questioned.

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys." She explained.

Thor, who has been eating a snack behind all this time, stands up and walks over to Carol. She turns to look behind her at him. He holds his hand up, and catches Stormbreaker as it flies over to him, missing Carol by inches. But Carol doesn't even flinch, instead she smiles at the God.

"I like this one." Thor approved with a smile.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch." Steve stated as he stared at the holographic planet.

*****

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket questioned from the pilot seat of the spaceship. Natasha, Alex, Steve, and Rhodey all raise their hands.

"Why?" Rhodey questioned.

"You better not throw up on my ship." Was the raccoons only response as they flew through the air.

"Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!" Nebula counted down as everyone prepared themselves.

The ship jumps forward into a wormhole, and Alex clutches her seat like a life line. Alex stared out into the spectrum of colors as they lurched forward. The ship slows down, and hovers in orbit of the planet seen in the hologram previously. Carol Danvers hovers in front of the ship as they glance down at the planet.

"I'll head down for recon." She informed through the earpieces.

"This is gonna work, Steve." Natasha comforted as they prepared for a fight.

"I know it will." Steve started as he glanced down at the compass with a picture inside. "Cause I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't."

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him." Carol informed as she approached the ship.

"And that's enough." Nebula stared.

Alex, Steve, Natasha, and Rocket walk into the cabin staring murderously at Thanos. Carol had Thanos in a headlock, Rhodey held back one arm while Bruce pointed his hulk buster repulser at the giant. Thor stood behind them, standing over Thanos' left hand that laid severed on the floor. Rocket goes over to the sliced off Infinity Gauntlet, and kicks it over, as everyone realizes that there are no stones in it.

"Oh no." Rocket muttered.

"Where are they?" Steve questioned Thanos.

"Answer the question!" Carol demanded, tightening her hold.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation." Thanos gruffly explained.

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce exclaimed as he pushed Thanos to the ground.

"You should be grateful." He muttered before he was punched by the Hulk Buster suit.

"Where are the Stones?" Natasha questioned as Alex felt tears grow in her eyes.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." He explained as Alex clenched her fisted.

"You used them two days ago!" Alex exclaimed as she moved to stand next to the giant.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be." He sits himself a little straighter. "I am... inevitable."

"We have to tear this place apart, he-he-he has to be lying." Rhodey stars as he glanced around the cabin.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them." Nebula explained as Alex kneeled down beside Thanos.

"Ah, thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly." Thanos spoke to Nebula, who started to look uncomfortable.

Alex faces filled with rage as she summoned her magic. She looked towards Thor, whose face was filled with similar rage before forcing her magic at the giant. The purple magic held the Titan in place as Thor summoned his axe and cleaning sliced Thanos head off. Thanos' limp body falls to the floor with a thud as Alex released her magic.

"What... What did you do?" Rocket questioned in disbelief.

"I went for the head." Thor looks broken as he slowly walks away from the scene.

Alex glanced at Natasha, broken, as tears fill the blondes eye. Alex wrapped her arms around Natasha, holding on to what hope she had of getting Bailey back.