Chapter Twenty Eight

Sokovia, 2015, same time

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me," Ultron spoke as his robots flew towards the group.

"Well, like the old man said. Together," Tony said as they all started to fight off the attacking robots.

Alex thrust her magic around at the robots flew towards her. She ducked and let Bailey throw an ice spike at a robot before standing up straight. She gave the girl a nod before throwing her magic at another robot. She took a deep breath before materializing around the room tearing apart many robots in the process. Alex stopped fighting when the robot started retreating.

"They'll try to leave the city," Thor spoke.

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey," Tony said talking to the man who was flying around the flying city.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you," Steve said looking around.

"What about the core," Clint asked.

"I'll protect it. It's my job," Wanda volunteered.

"I'll stay, too," Alex spoke walking up to the core as she noticed the wary looks on their faces.

"Be careful," Natasha said before walking away with the guys.

"Get the people on the boats," Wanda spoke before Pietro walked up to her.

"I'm not going to leave you here," He spoke.

"I can handle this," She said as she blasts off an approaching robot. "Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before."

"Hmm," He grunted not liking the idea but went with it.

"You understand," Wanda questioned.

"You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you," Pietro stated as Wanda chuckled.

"Go," She ordered before fighting off another robot.

They fought the robots in silence taking a breather every couple of minutes as the robots thinned. When the robot thinned more they started taking turns. Soon they were standing guard as one of two robots tried to enter.

"You didn't have to stay, you know? I could have done this by myself," Wanda said facing Alex.

"Well, I didn't give you a choice. You are an Avenger now which means we are teammates and teammates help each other. So suck it up and help me fight," Alex said with a harsh voice before throwing her hands out at the robots that had surrounded them.

She watched as Wanda froze her movements, sinking to the ground and screaming in pain. Alex flew back into a wall from the blast of magic that Wanda had released. She grunted as she blink her eyes, trying to get the black dots to go away.

She tried to move the rubble around her but found her arm hurt to move. The sharp pain made her vision blur as she pushed the rubble away. She looked around but found Wanda to be nowhere in sight. She held her arm to her chest as she watched a robot crawl to the core.

"No," She yelled out throwing her magic to stop it from turning the core but was too late. She felt herself being lifted from the ground as the city plummeted to the ground. She groaned as chunks of rocks hit her arm and sides. She looked around for something to grab onto but found nothing. She watched Thor fly into the church and landing at the core.

"Thor, on my mark," Tony said through the earpiece as Thor charged his hammer. "Now!"

Alex braced herself for the impact as Thor brought his hammer down on the core. Alex watched in slow motion as a blast shot out from the core distorting the city. She watched as she and Thor fell into the water below before she passed out.

*****

Alex slowly opened and blink her eyes trying to take in the room around her. She looked around to see she was in a hospital-type room. The white walls stared back at her as her eyes moved around the room. She gave a small chuckle at the sight of a sleeping Bailey in the chair beside her.

"Hey. Little Monster? Macaroni? Bailey," Alex whispered trying to wake the girl up. She grabbed a pen from the bedside table and threw it at the girl. The girl jumped up as the pen hit her straight in the face.

"Hey," The girl sounded offended before she realized who it was. "Hey! You're up!"

"Ow. Ow. Ow. My arm," Alex moaned in pain as she moved Bailey off her arm.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you," Bailey started apologizing.

"Shut up and give me a hug," Alex said bringing the girl into another hug, being careful of her arm this time.

"How are you feeling," Bailey asked as she sat back down in her chair.

"Um, okay? My arm hurts and my head is killing me but I'll be fine," Alex said looking at the girl who was smiling brighter than the sun.

"You took a hard fall. A fall from that height should have killed you. Luckily Thor was near you and brought you back to the helecarrier," Bailey informed the women.

"So, what's with the whole ice thing," Alex said breaking the silence they had found themselves in.

"Oh, uh. The guys who took me turned out to be some guys from Hydra. They took me to the base where you found me and started injecting me the all these colorful liquids. After a week or so of the liquids, they changed to using the scepter," She explained.

"We raided that base before and I couldn't find you."

"They moved me to a different base before the attack. I went back to try and find something about where I was and how I could get back. That's when I found you," Bailey further explained.

"Are you okay," Alex asked as she looked at the girl.

"Yeah. I will be." Bailey answered with a broken voice as she lowered her eyes to the ground. "I can't believe that you went through that type of treatment for your whole life."

"I will do everything in my power to make sure that you don't have to go through that again," Alex promised the girl with a determined look.

"I know. I trust you, Alex," Bailey gave the girl a smile before the two fell asleep.

Alex will return in Captain America: Civil War