Chapter 14

Hello!! I'm really happy to announce that I'm writing the upcoming chapters (including this) with my friend JhermaineCrisAntenor She gave me so much ideas to write for this book and I'm so super excited for you guys to read the upcoming chapters. So much dramas ahead as what my friend likes sooo... ENJOY!!

]|I{•------» CHAPTER FOURTEEN «------•}I|[

"Rhis?"

Callie was taken aback as soon as she heard whose voice it was. She was stopped at her feet. She wasn't able to move anything, because the people standing in front of her were the least people she wanted to see.

Slowly, softly Scarlett walked through the door with a joyous smile visible on her face. Callie didn't move though, she watched as her mother took her in her arms and kissed her hair.

Her blue eyes stared outside as Scarlett tightened her embrace. Callie was so numb to even comprehend the thing that was happening because the only thing she knew is that her father got this relieved and joyous expression on his face, and he was standing a few feet away from them.

"Oh thank God we've found you. You had us so worried, baby." Scarlett whispered into the air and retracted herself from the hug. She then cupped her daughter's face and softly smiled.

Still, Callie didn't move. She just focused her ocean ones into those forest ones and Scarlett cursed herself because Rhislett contained nothing but despair in those blue orbs. Her eyes were puffy due to crying last night or probably worse.

"Why'd you do it, Rhisy?" Scarlett asked as she plucked a few strands of hair behind Rhislett's left ear.

She didn't answer.

"You shouldn't do it again, okay?" It earned nothing, but a slow duck of head from Callie.

Chris, who was currently standing by the door, made a way towards his best girls and faced Callie with a soft smile plastered on his face. He put one of his hands on the girl's face before asking, "Are you okay?"

And after that, a bead of tears fell down on Callie's cheeks as soft sobs followed next. A surprised look then washed over both Scarlett and Chris' faces and a big pair of arms enveloped Callie's small body. She sobbed there, holding tightly onto Chris' shirt as she let her unreleased tears brim down her face.

Scarlett was quite taken aback, though, she did nothing but to swift her position and rubbed circles on the girl's back.

She didn't wanna feel it. She never wanted to. But, a pang of jealousy creeped into her as she watched how their Rhislett seemed so comfortable under her father's touch.

Sniffles, hiccups and cries filled the whole living room as both Daniel and Mary watched the scene unfold in their own eyes. God, Daniel wanted to yell at her granddaughter's parents, but he doesn't have any rights to do it because who was he even?

And so Mary and Him took a few steps toward Chris and Scarlett and sent them an apologetic look. "We're glad you guys are here. My wife and I were extremely worried for Callie because she didn't stop crying last night not until Patrick's voice soothed her. She told us everything that has happened and we hope it won't happen again."