Chapter 2

Here's chapter two!:-D

Enjoy reading!>D

]|I{•------» CHAPTER TWO «------•}I|[

A woman was facing sideways by the window while a car was running on the road with a man as its driver. "She was wearing the hoodie we sent to her, yet she doesn't even know it came from us."

"She wont know, now that everything went the way we expected it." the woman answered.

Chris chuckled a little. "She looks just like me. Clearly, she inherited it from my genes." He proudly said.

"And she got nothing from me? Ha ha, funny" Scarlett played along, eyes still focused on the other side of the car. "She's only got your lips and the shape of your face. That's it."

"Oh really?" Scarlett feigned a hurting expression and Chris nodded his head and replied, "yeah,"  that sounded like a baby.

"But, seriously though, you should've stopped her." Scarlett quickly changed the topic. "And you should stop putting the blame on me." Chris cleared his throat.

Scarlett furrowed her eyebrows and put her gaze at Chris whose eyes were focused on the road. "Did I even say I blame you?"

"Well, you clearly sound like that."

"Geez, Christopher! I don't sound like that! It's you overthinking about it." she shook her head in disbelief, but then her eyes widened when Chris parked the car at the side of the road. "Why are you stopping?"

He looked at her with emotions no more, but a blank face. "Why can't you just say it? I know you've been blaming me for everything. And when I told you to follow our daughter so we can explain more to her, you didn't. You let her go in the crowd without even trying to fix things with her!"

Scarlett saw the fury in his eyes but his face was literally blank. Chris is not the same Chris she's known for more than a decade in her life when it comes to their girl. He'll do everything for their daughter even if it means risking his life for the sake of the people he loves.

"We can't follow her anymore, Chris. She doesn't want us and--"

"Let me stop you right there, right there. Scarlett, she does want us! You're just being oblivious to it. For god's sake you're her mother! She came from you."

Scarlett mocked a small chuckle. "Yeah, we brought her into this world. But, clearly, we are not her world anymore. We don't mean anything to her now, Chris. Gosh! It's been twelve years!"

"As if you didn't cry every night and day because you missed her, huh? You were even close to crying, lately." He taunted.

"Why the hell are you throwing that to me now?!"

"Because I know you're in a rush to go home now to see your fiance. I know you very well, Scarlett. You don't have to hide everything though, 'cause I can read you, really well." Chris asserted in a matter of fact.

He knows her so damn well...

And she knows him too.

"That's so bold of you to assume, Chris." she shook her head in dismay. "But, okay, if that's what you think then it's up to you. But I wouldn't have come here in Los Angeles with you if I didn't want to see Rhislett." she displayed a wry smile. She could feel her vision blurring but she chose to control the tears that were threatening to fall down her face.

Scarlett unclasped her seatbelt leaving Chris flustered. "What do you think you're doing?" Asked the confused Chris Evans.

"Going home by myself, why do you even care?" She tried to maintain her voice in the most possible way she could. Her throat was slightly aching but she controlled it really well.

He shook his head in disapproval. "Are you kidding me? That's so selfish of you!" He grabbed the seatbelt and clasped it on the other side.

Scarlett sent a deadly glare at him, which he didn't mind. "Let go of me, Chris! I ain't a damsel in distress anymore. I can take care of myself!" Her voice was near to breaking but she, again, controlled it damn well.

"And you think going home from here to New York all by yourself is a pretty good idea? What if something bad happens to you, huh? How can I explain that to your family? to Colin and to our daughter?" And the protective side of Christopher she's known for years has finally shown.

And with that, she remained in her place and didn't dare to face her best friend, the father of her eldest. She stayed her green orbs outside the window, and finally let her tears fall down her cheeks in the most silent way.

"Why would they even come back? It made no sense, seriously." Callie shook her head in disbelief. "I mean, it's quite confusing, you know. They gave me up, that's it, then why show up now?"

"They clearly want to see you, hun." Patrick said whilst driving.

Callie chuckled, "Ha ha, very funny. They could've come here sooner or later if they wanted to know me. But you set us up, Dad. I had no idea what's coming for me even though I felt longing lately."

"I'm sorry, hun. I just wanted what's best for you, and meeting them is the best of them all."

The girl smiled, clearly seemed to not be affected by the things. "I don't hate you for it, Dad. It's just uh, you know, I'm just mad at them for doing it. I just can't take it. It's so heavy for me. But, I also feel pity for them. I also want to get to know them but part of me says otherwise. I just don't know." Callie shrugged her shoulders.

"It's just really a big turning point for me..." she said sadly. "Never knew my parents are A-listers in Hollywood."

Alice sent an apologetic look to Natalia. "We're so sorry, love. I knew it before you. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry, baby." Patrick repeated.

Callie forced a smile. "It's okay. One thing's for sure they both have lots of money. They're millionaires anyway."

And that received a chuckle from her family.

Later that night, Scarlett and Chris sent a message to Patrick, asking him Callie's number and what she likes, her hobbies, favourite foods and a lot more.

They just wanted to be prepared, now that the custody is already in their hands. It just needed a lot more time and a lot more talk.

______________
______________________

-That was chapter 2 guys!;-)

-Don't forget to vote and to comment!^_< Stay safe always, and always remember that Scarlett and Chris love you!<3

Evansson fluffy gif<3

Scarlett tiptoeing to hug Chris(T_T) I love their friendship huhu...