Chapter 6

I wondered back to my room, thinking about everything I just heard from Integra. My body shuddered and I held my chest, it was hard to breathe.
"How can this be? Is this even possible?" I thought to myself. The connection I have with Alucard is strange, I instantly felt safe with him around. "Is this why he is so strange with how he looks at me sometimes? It could possibly be" I said quietly to myself as I reached for the door handle.

I entered my room to find it empty. Just things where I left it.
I sat down on my bed, thoughts running through my mind; most filled with Alucard. I placed my head in my hands and tried to calm myself, then suddenly a voice from behind me.
"I suppose Integra has told you, little one"
I turned my head quickly to find Alucard behind me with a distressed look on his face. So much sorrow and heart ache in those crimson eyes. 
"Y-Yes she has, Alucard. What do you think?" I asked.
"Hmm?" He tilted his head
"About me.. About if I am even that woman.." I said while looking down at the floor, running my finger tips over my knuckles.
Alucard walked over to me, placing himself in front of me to then lift my head up by my chin to look at him. His slender tall frame leaning over me. "I do not know, but what I do know is that the connection I have with you is unbelievably strong and I will do anything in my power to protect you" he said with an intense, caring look on his face. This man, known to be so evil and strong had a soft spot for me. The look in his eyes made me blush red and I quickly turned my head away. I was embarrassed by the heat in my cheeks. He was nurturing and reassuring, my feelings were growing for him but this seemed familiar.
With a concerned look on his pale face, he turned around and walked away slowly, shutting my door behind him. I wanted him near and close.
"What am I becoming? What are these feelings?" I spoke to myself quietly and laid back onto the bed, tucking myself under the sheets. Only my eyes peeking out before I closed them.

~Time skip~

I woke in a hot sweat in the middle of the night due to a nightmare. I sat up in bed, skimming around the room. I looked at the familiar chair, but no Alucard. I stood out of bed, getting balance on my feet and made my way slowly out of the room. I wandered down the quiet hallways.
I come across and metal door, looking up at it to then slowly pull on its handle and the door opens with a creak. I am met with some long stairs; I look to see if anyone is around, but not a soul. I tiptoed down the stairs, lit with candles.
A large wooden door stood in front of me when I got to the bottom. I slowly pushed it open to see a large, dark empty room, it was so cold. I let myself in and hear a soft low voice.
"Little one, what are you doing here?"
It was Alucard, sat in a chair in the middle of the room; the one I had been looking for. He looked confused and curious. I became shy and looked at the floor as I made my way across the room.
"I wondered where you had gone.. So I came to find you" I spoke softly. His eyes widen as he gazed at me standing there, twirling my hair with my fingers.
"Come" he ordered. He sounded serious, but had a tender look on his face. I made my way over to him, still looking at the floor. Once again, he lifted my head with his finger on my chin. His eyes are a beautiful red, and I admired his long raven hair. He stared at me, not saying a word. My lips trembled as my heart pounded.
"These feelings I have for him, they are so strong"

Suddenly a curled smirk appeared on his face and rubbed my red cheeks with my palm. "I can hear your thoughts, my little one" he revealed, still grinning. I could tell he enjoyed it. I gasp and look away from his smirking, smug face. "I'm so sorry, Alucard" being embarrassed, I turned to my side.
He chuckles, "You're still the same as you always have been". I look up at him and smile slightly, while in reality I wanted him more than anything.
"Now come here, little one. You must be tired" he says, still smirking. He suddenly pulls me onto his lap, wrapping an arm around my little waist while the others under my leg. A sigh of relief left my lips. I couldn't take this anymore. The thought of telling him how I felt rushed through my mind a thousand times during that small period of time.
"I'm safe" is all I could say. "You are now, my little one" he added.
I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my brown eyes, feeling a sense of freedom. I drifted off to sleep in a monsters arms.

"Goodnight, my love"