Chapter 10: Headlines

When I woke up the next morning, I was still in the same position as when I fell asleep, except instead of sitting up Tom and I were laying down. I was still curled against him, his arms were still cradling me, and surprisingly, his shirt was grasped tightly in my hand. I quickly let go and swipe at my face, feeling tears on my cheeks.

I had had a nightmare.

It was the same one I have occasionally, it's that night all over again except in my dream James doesn't live. I still black out, but when I wake up in my dream it's Eli beside me in the hospital bed, telling me James didn't make it.

Looking over at Tom I'm awestruck by how peaceful and beautiful he looks. A patch of sunlight is striking his face, and his curls are messy from sleep. He's so handsome.

I quietly push Tom's arms off of me and scurry over to my room, where I take a quick shower and change into a dark green suit with a black undershirt. I honestly hate wearing suits, but I have to with this job. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

When I head back over to the room to wake Tom up, I see that he's already out of bed, fully dressed, and eating a snack.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"You looked so calm and peaceful, I didn't want to change that," I explain, and his cheeks flush with color.

"Were you watching me sleep?" Now it's my turn to turn red.

"You wish," I retort, attempting to hide my flaming face by busying myself with adjusting the knives in my boots.

I think I hear Tom say 'maybe' but when I look over he's on his phone, so I figure I imagined it.

"Breakfast?" Tom asks, inclining his head towards the door, and I nod, my stomach grumbling in approval.

We head down to the dining hall, where we both eat a bland breakfast of toast and butter. Neither of us have much of an appetite after the events of yesterday afternoon. Tom informs me that the scenes that are being shot today don't include him, so other than the interview at 11, he has the whole day free.

I look at my watch, surprised to see it's 10:15. Tom and I finish eating, then he calls Benedict to come and pick us up, and he arrives 10 minutes later.

The drive is short and we arrive at the place where the interview will take place with time to spare. Tom hurries in, and I'm dragged behind, reminding myself what Robert told me. Don't let him spoil anything.

"Tom, no spoilers," I repeat to him as he walks over to greet the interviewer and the makeup artist.

"I know, I know"

Sighing I stand back, letting him associate with everyone before the interview starts. He really does remind me of my brother. So social and lively.

"Tom, we're ready to start!" The interviewer calls out, and he goes over to sit in his chair in front of a backdrop of his new movie.

"3... 2... 1, go!" The camera crew calls out and starts rolling.

"So Tom, tell me a little bit about the movie shooting progress, what is it like?" The interviewer asks. She's a tall dark haired woman with friendly eyes.

Tom shoots me a quick look and I mouth at him no spoilers, to which he nods and looks back at the lady.

"Well, so far it's only been a few days, but it's been great. A few cast members from the other avenger movies came to greet me on the second day of shooting, and it was wonderful to see everyone."

The questions continue like this for the next ten minutes, occasionally dipping to subjects about his relationships with past cast members, till the interviewer lets us know there's one question left.