Chapter 17: About McFucking Time

It's been 2 hours since The Kiss.

Or should I say kisses.

The kiss got a bit too heavy for me, as I'm not yet ready for that type of commitment again, and Tom and I moved to the bed to watch a movie, him occasionally stealing kisses to my jaw and neck.

I look over at the sleeping man next to me and smile. I guess Seven Wives to Seven Brothers wasn't to his liking.

As quietly as I can, I turn off the TV and snuggle down next to him.

He lets out a soft 'mmm' and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling my back to his chest. I feel his heart beating steadily in time with the rising and falling of his chest.

"I'm so happy I can kiss you now," He murmurs, pressing a smiley kiss to my neck.

"Me too, it's about time you did it too, I thought I was the only one who felt that way,"

"Definitely not," He latches his mouth to the nape of my neck, sending goosebumps and shivers down my spine.

"Tom," I breathe out.

"Mmmm," Is all I get in response.

"Tom, if you leave a mark there it'll be noticable,"

"Should I leave a mark somewhere else?" He asks a suggestive hint in his tone.

"Not yet. I'm not ready. But I'll tell you when I am."

"No rush darling. I'm content just being with you." I smile at his words. Thank god he's different from Luka.

"So, do you have anywhere you need to be?"

He groans and rests his head on the crook of my neck, so I can see his side profile from my peripheral vision.

"Dinner with Robert. At 6:30."

"Why do you sound so upset? You've been looking forward to dinner with him all week."

"Yeah, but I want to stay here. With you."

"Don't worry, I'm coming with. But come on," I pat his cheek and get up from the bed, pulling him up with me. "6:30 is in less than an hour and we have to get ready. I'm going to shower, and while I would say join me, I'm not sure I would be able to control myself and not ask you to just have your way with me then and there. But I'm not ready for that yet. So for now, I'll have to shower separately." I notice a blush creep up his cheeks and his breathing falters a little.

"Like I told you, darling, I'm content just being with you." He smirks and peels of his shirt, making a beeline for his shower.

I make my way to mine as well and quickly strip down to wait for the water to heat up.

As I step in the warm welcoming spray of hot water falls onto my hair and shoulders and steam starts to fog up the mirrors.

I wash my hair making sure to reach every crevice before lathering up my hands with soap and cleaning my body.

As I get out and dry my hair I catch my reflection in the mirror. Much to my dismay, there isn't a mark on my neck.

Trudging over to my closet I pull out a black and white striped suit with a black turtleneck to go under, and black heels.

For my hair I opt for a high ponytail, making sure to get almost all of the flyaways to stick down.

"Ready?" Tom calls out and I make my way toward the door making sure to holster my gun and put the daggers that are usually in my boots, up my sleeves.