Chapter 15: Oh, brother

"Oh, so you're the infamous James. Nice to meet you man," Tom says, reaching forward to shake James' hand.

"I may be infamous, sure" James replies to Tom and shakes his hand before turning to me, "But tell me, what the fuck is Tom Holland doing in your apartment?"

"You didn't tell him?" Tom snaps his gaze to me.

"No not yet," I admit.

"Tell me what? Wait- are you-" James starts but I cut him off.

"I'm Tom's bodyguard. And will continue to be for the next 9 months."

"Bodyguard? Is that what they call it nowadays?"

"James!"

"What? I didn't say anything! So Tom, how's filming for your new movie?"

"It's been great actually. How's school? I heard you go to the Bronx School of Science?"

James looks over at me, his expression asking me how much Tom knows. 'I'll explain later' I mouth to him, and he nods slightly before turning back to Tom.

"It's been delightful. I love doing school work."

"Is he serious or sarcastic? I can't tell," Tom asks, slightly turning to me.

"Serious," James and I say in unison.

"Y'all started the party without me? No fair!" Lewis exclaims as he steps out of the bathroom to join us.

"Lewis!" I fling myself toward his outstretched arms.

"Cupcake!" He returns, enveloping me in a bear hug.

"I told you to stop calling me that."

"Yeah well, tough. Who's this handsome guy? Wait is that Tom Holland? Why the fuck is he in our living room?!"

"That's what I asked!" James exclaims from his perch on the couch.

"You didn't tell him either?" Tom asks, his eyebrows shooting up.

"I wasn't supposed to tell anyone. It compromises your safety. The more people who know, the less safe it is for you."

"Well, luckily, only my whole fanbase knows. Oh, and every other person who watched that interview."

"Shut up, I mean people who know me personally. Not that they'd personally do anything, but they could be used to get information on me."

"You read too many murder mysteries and watch to many TV dramas," James comments.

"And you watch too many drag shows. To each his own." I quip back, making James' face turn a light shade of pink. He's always had a soft spot for drag shows, even when he was little, it's one of my favorite things about him.

"Hey, hey, they are reality TV shows, with drag in them. Also don't diss it till you've tried it."

"Yeah, well I've never tried frog legs, doesn't mean they're good,"

"They taste like chicken!"

"Do you try to kiss them before you eat them? How do you know it isn't prince charming?"

"Rich coming from you! You haven't had a kiss in what? A year?"

"Wrong. Also, says the guy dating my roommate?"

"Yes, and he is my prince charming. That's why I don't kiss frogs. But from the looks of it you do,"

"You know what, you can shove that right up your ass."

"No thanks, I prefer to have different things shoved up there, if you're picking up what I'm putting down."

"Children, children! Let's stop the bickering," Lewis says, holding his palms out like a passive grandma.