Chapter 33: The Premier

TW: mentions of sexual assault, mentions of rape

"Val, are you ready?" Tom calls out from the other room. The day is finally here. It's time for the premier of the movie.

"Yeah, can you come close this necklace for me?"

"Coming!"

I hear steps coming into the room, stopping abruptly.

A soft 'fuck' comes from behind me, as Tom starts making his way to my back.

"You have no idea how hot you look right now," He whispers in my ear as he moves the necklace in front of my neck, pulling his arm around so he can close it. With one soft kiss to my neck he clasps the necklace and steps back.

"All done."

"Thank you. Now I'm ready,"

"And you are putting even the sun to shame with how much you're glowing,"

"Stop it," I tell him with a soft shove of his shoulder, feeling my cheeks heat up like a teenage girl.

How does he have this effect on me?

But he's not wrong. Charles went all out with this suit.

"Are you sure I'm not a little... overdressed?" I ask meekly as I look at myself in the mirror.

"Not at all. And if you do happen to feel overdressed while we're at the premier, just look at Downey. I promise you he's going to be wearing something fancier."

I chuckle, knowing he's probably right.

"All right, anything else? Or are we ready to go?"

"One more thing," He says before leaning down to give me a soft kiss on the lips. "Now we're ready,"

I give him a toothy grin before grabbing my purse, containing only my gun, since there is going to be increased. I also have one knife up my sleeve. Alridge and I have already worked out all the details.

The drive is short, Benedict complementing both of us multiple times, and I'm hit with wave after wave of nerves.

"Val," Tom says, snapping me out of my anxiety and rubbing soft circles on my arm. "It's going to be okay,"

Deep breath.

It's going to be fine.

"Okay. Lets go," We step out of the car onto the red carpet, paparazzi immediately starting to photograph us.

"Tom, Val! Over here!" My head snaps over to Paddy, and we start to make our way to him, pausing every few steps for a photo.

"You look stunning. Both of you," He compliments once we reach him.

"So do you,"

We pose for another photo and keep moving along the carpet.

"Darlings!" RIngs out behind us and we swivel to see Robert making his way to us, arms outstretched. He englifs me in a hug before stepping back to engulf Tom in one too.

"We match," He points out and I look down with a laugh to notice that we indeed are. Well, not completely. But Robert is also wearing a red tux. Except mine is velvet.

"I match too," Tom chimes in and Robert gives me a quick side eye before humoring Tom and agreeing.

"All right, let's keep moving," RObert ushers us and we continue making our way into the building, until finally, half an hour later, we're safely inside the building, away from the flash and the cameras.