Chapter 26: First Love Valentine

I wake up to the sound of music playing, a faint melody from the speaker on the other side of the room. It takes me a second to place the song, but then the chorus hits and I feel a blush crawl up my cheeks.

Baby you got me like ah, woo, ah

Don't you stop loving me

Don't quit loving me

Just start loving me

Tom walks back into the room, arms laden with trays, and stops in his tracks when he sees I'm awake. A dopey grin immediately spreads on his face matching mine.

"Good morning beautiful," He smiles and places the trays on the bedside table. A heavenly smell wafts off of them and I look over to see scrambled eggs, toast, croissants, fruits, omletes, and bacon. "Sleep well?"

"Like a baby," I smile sleepily as I pull myself to a sitting position.

"Well I'm glad, because I have a lot planned for us today."

My face must give away how puzzled I am and his grin stretches even wider as he teases me.

"Don't tell me you forgot?"

"Forgot what?" I ask dumbly.

"It's Valentine's day," His eyes light up as he says this and my heart sinks when I realize I forgot.

SHIT.

"Wait- No Tom I didn't get you anything-" I start but he cuts me off.

"I didn't do any of this to receive anything in return, I did it because I love you. Now get out of bed, we have to be at our first location in less than an hour,"

My heart flutters every time I hear those three words from him.

I quickly whip out of bed and make my way to the shower, heat rising to my cheeks as I remember the events that occurred here. Even a month later I still can't look at my shower the same way.

The water spirits out of the showerhead, cascading down my back like soft waterfalls and I let my head fall back into the warm stream.

"Val, no dillydallying!" Tom calls out making my head snap up and I hurry to wash my hair and body.

"What should I wear?" I question as I step out of the bathroom with a towel on.

Tom's eyes graze my body and I blush under his gaze.

"Anything comfortable," He states.

Thank you Mr. Vague

I decide on a lacy daisy covered white dress with white sandals and a cardigan in case it gets chilly.

I decide to let my hair down and grab a bag large enough to fit my gun as well as what Tom has dubbed my 'boot daggers'. My sheath fits under my dress, thankfully.

"Ready?" Tom calls out and I reply with a 'one sec!'

I grab the ring Tom gave me and slide it on. I haven't taken it off ever since he gave it to me, except for when I wash my face.

"Now I'm ready,"

Tom swivels around to look at me and his eyes travel down my body and back up again.

"You look radiant," He comments. So does he. He's wearing a white button up and grey pants. His arms are folded over his chest making his muscles bulge under the white fabric. Butterflies ripple in my stomach.

"So do you,"

His eyes glitter with happiness as he takes my hand and leads me down to the car. He's carrying a big black bag that looks sort of like a duffle bag and a briefcase had a baby. Thankfully, there are no paparazzi, allowing me to make good on my promise to Aldridge.