Chapter 33

*Percy/Nova POV*

I was watching a movie with Bianca, who was lying down with her head in my lap, when Luke burst through the door. (literally, he was running so fast that he couldn't stop to open the door, he just ran right through it. Now we need a new door because there's a Luke shaped hole in the old one.) "Nova! There's an army at the barrier!" I leapt to my feet. "Go tell the others!" He nodded and zoomed away. I concentrated for a moment and my cloak morphed into my armour. I summoned my swords and sheathed them in an X across my back. Bianca summoned her armour and weapons, sheathing her knives at her side and slinging her bow across her back. I grabbed her hand and we disappeared into the shadows.

We emerged on Half Blood Hill. There was a huge army amassed on the other side. At the very front was Kronos with Zack by his side. The rest of my army got in formation behind me. I examined the enemy army for a moment before turning around. "Dove, gather the children, bring them into the sea. I'll make a bubble big enough for all of you. Star, you take the Hunters. Bring them over to those trees and wait for my order. Moonlace, you gather the healers and help in the infirmary. Dawn, you heal people on the battlefield and bring them to the infirmary. Alpha, organize the campers, focus on the left flank. Avenger, you stick with the romans. Take the right flank. Angel, Shadow, summon the dead. Focus on the middle. The rest of you, you're with me. On three, 1... 2... 3!" We all yelled, "For Chaos!" And they ran off to their positions. Bianca kissed me on the cheek and whispered, "Be safe." "You too." I answered. She ran off to join Nico.

I turned back to the barrier and the remainder of my team fanned out behind me. I marched through the barrier. I heard Jack gasp and glanced at him. He was staring teary eyed at Zack. "Why?" He whispered.

*Jack/Vine POV*

Why? After everything we've been through, why? Why did he break our promise? Why did he abandon me? Why did he do the one thing he'd sworn never to do? Percy glanced at me. I feel bad for yelling at him. He was right and I should have trusted him. But I couldn't. I couldn't believe that my brother was evil. My twin brother. I guess the stereotype is true, in this case anyway. But now I have proof. He's standing beside Kronos. How could he!? He's allied himself with the people that killed our mother and our sister! He's allied himself with the people that took everything from us! Why?! For what!? A promise of a better world? Does he really think they'll give him that!? After everything?! Focus Jack. You can think about that later. I reached over and took Julia's hand. She was staring at Zack, probably thinking the exact same things I was. I squeezed her hand, reminding her that I was still here. She smiled at me but I could tell it was forced. I returned my attention to Percy. The enemy was preparing to charge towards us. Percy started yelling, "Archers, fire at will! Romans proelium! Impetus! (Battle formation! Attack! According to google translate) Greeks, let's um... Fight stuff! Shadow, Angel, now!" His orders were echoed up and down, passed from one legionnaire, camper or hunter to another until everyone knew what to do. I turned to Julia, "Together forever." She smiled and repeated the promise, "Together forever." 

We charged as one, the members of the Elite who weren't with our other forces ahead of everyone else. I immediately ran towards Zack. I stabbed any monsters who came near me with my spear. An enemy demigod tried to engage me but I pole vaulted over his head and flicked my wrist, tying him up with grapevines. Finally, I reached Zack. We circled each other. "Why Zack?" "Join me. We can be together, we can rule side by side in a perfect world. We can have mother and Sarah back. The titan lord has promised me this and so much more. If you join me know we'll spare some of your friends. That Leo guy, he's not much of a threat, he can be spared along with his girlfriend if you wish. Or we could kill her. I know you have a crush on him."  "That's not an answer! I asked why! Why did you break our promise! Why did you do the one thing we swore never to do!?" "Hey little brother, it's okay, I know you're tempted and just trying to pretend you aren't. I know you want Leo. Join me and we can spare him. He can be your husband for all eternity. You can rule with me, we can have mom and Sarah back." I shook my head, "I don't like Leo in that way anymore. He's happy with Calypso, I got over him long ago. And mum and Sarah, they're gone Zack! We can't bring them back, no matter what Kronos says. Besides, they're at peace now, in a better place. It'd be unfair and selfish to bring them back to a world so full of pain and suffering." "There will be no pain or suffering when we win! Everyone who joins us will live in luxury!" "What about people who don't? They'll suffer. They'll be in pain. Do you care? No. You know why? Because you're not my brother. You're not the Zack I once knew." With that, I charged towards him, stabbing my spear towards his gut. He deflected it with his sword but it grazed his stomach. He grimaced in pain and attacked, swinging his sword towards my head. I brought my spear up to block and as quick as lightning he twisted his sword so that it hit my gut instead of my head. I gasped in pain. He pulled his sword out, looking almost regretful. "I'm sorry Jack, I truly am. It didn't need to be this way and I'm sorry you didn't see sense and join me when you could." He turned and walked away. My vision went fuzzy as I slumped sideways. The last thing I saw was someone bending over me before my vision went black.

*Luke/Alpha POV*

I was leading the campers into battle. They were somewhat organized but not very effectively. They organized themselves according to godly parent which had some downsides. The Aphrodite cabin were doing surprisingly well, considering that when we'd arrived half of them had barely been able to swing a sword. I was making my way over to the Hecate cabin, who were struggling a bit seeing as they didn't have many melee fighters when an empousa stupidly decided to try and fight me. I stabbed her but she managed to bite me. I ripped a strip of cloth off my top and wrapped it around the bite. Luckily it wasn't too deep but unluckily it was my sword arm. I kept fighting, defending any campers who were struggling. So many campers were falling. Dead, or too wounded to continue. Every time someone fell, if there was any chance they could be saved I MMed Will and defended the camper until Will or one of his helpers came to get them. We were starting to get a bit overwhelmed when Nico appeared, riding a skeleton horse. I saluted him and he saluted back, grinning. "Let's turn this tide! ATTACK!" He yelled. The army of the dead surged forward and the monsters started panicking slightly, realizing they were outnumbered. I grinned back at Nico and leapt back into battle.

*Will/Dawn POV*

So many. So many dead. So many injured. It felt like every five seconds I'd get an MM telling me someone else was injured. Sometimes I reached them too late. In those cases I'd carry them away to the training arena. We laid the dead out in rows and covered them in white sheets. Every time I brought in someone new I felt guilty. What if they're dead because I'm a terrible doctor? What if I could have saved them. I should have. I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind, something to worry about later. Right now I need to save the people I can.

*Calypso/Moonlace POV*

The infirmary was overflowing. We didn't have enough beds so we ended up putting the less severely injured people on the tables and benches in the dining pavilion. I helped everywhere I could but I could only do so much. I saw Will walking past me with someone wrapped in a white sheet. My heart sank, someone else was dead. So many families are being ripped apart now. If only I could cure death. But I'm not Asclepius. I know I can't.

A/N: HOLA MIS AMIGOS!

Ugh. Writer's block sucks. I know what I want to happen but I can't find the right words! >:(

Peace out!✌️