Chapter 5

Ranboo was walking down the gravel road, not paying much attention to his surroundings like he usually does. He tried to focus on something other than Y/N but his obsessive personality only made it worse. That's when he heard heavy footsteps and the gravel shuffling in protest at them. He turned to see Y/N running up to him. "Hey!" They sputtered, trying to get his attention. He watched coldly as they approached. "I saw you earlier- why didn't you come say hi?" they asked curiously. "You were busy." was all he offered. "Yeah but with TUBBO, he's so goofy sometimes. Im actually Tommy's cousin. That's how I know him." Ranboo blinked a bit when they said that. Maybe he jumped to conclusions? "What's your...relationship with Tubbo?" he asked gently, a little nervously. "He's a friend, don't get to talk to him all that often though. I usually keep to myself."

Oh yeah, he'd definitely jumped to conclusions. He watched as they skipped beside him, smiling knowing he hadn't gotten the chance to cut them off. "Oh Ranboo! Look at those birds!" they pointed at the two cardinals from earlier. They were fluttering around, probably looking for food. "Pretty, right?" They asked. Ranboo nodded slowly, regretting walking away. Maybe the birds will drop another beautiful feather for him. Solely for the purpose of giving it to Y/N. He looked over at them, their eyes were trained onto the birds. He smiled "Hey do you want to come inside and get something to eat?" he questioned, noticing their face light up made him smile even harder if remotely possible. "I'm always up for a good meal" they stated bluntly, a chuckle escaping them.

The two of them finished up their food fairly quickly, cleaning the kitchen afterwards. Y/N was smiley the whole time and Ranboo couldn't get enough of the vibrating joy that they radiated. They were just a ball of energy. They looked to him and he quickly looked at his feet. Trying to avoid their eyes. He heard them chuckle and heard their footsteps coming closer. He looked over to them, seeing them smiling wide. They hooked an arm around his back " Wanna explore?" they asked non-subtly. He blinked for a moment and pondered what they wanted to explore. His brain went to the worst place automatically, he shook his head and looked to them. "Where'd you have in mind?" he murmured. They smiled even wider " There's this old abandoned town nearb-" "Isn't that place haunted?" Ranboo interjected. "You believe in ghosts?" they asked in a slightly hounding tone. He hummed," fair enough." quickly and they immediately started bouncing around out of general excitement.