Chapter 9

Today felt strange to Ranboo, he was up and out of his hammock. He watched as Y/N scurried around the kitchen, obviously trying to make food whilst also going absolutely feral. He was amused by their daze and his heart fluttered when they looked over to him. "Where the fuck is the milk Ranboo?" "Didn't buy any." "Why the FUCK did you not buy milk?" "Didn't need it at the time" Y/N scoffed at him. Looking back over to the sink. "Fuck it, water'll do." They said impatiently. They poured it into the mix, making pancakes. Ranboo watched as they continued to go apeshit when the pan hissed at them. "Fuck you, bitch." they said as they poured the mixture into the pan.

After breakfast the two of them went out to wander around town, Ranboo told himself he'd protect his short crush. He watched as they fiddled with their fingers, glaring angrily at the small bits of skin that were pushed up around their nails. "Just pull it off?" Their head snapped up to Ranboo "The fuck? That shit hurts no way." Ranboo scoffed at them. "No need to be a wimp." he said jokingly, causing them to glare at him. They walked faster but didn't get too much ahead of him due to the height difference.

The both of them found a pretty spot on a hill nearby the village. It was simple and peaceful. The two of them sat together, watching as the dark clouds rolled across the sky. They seamed heavier than usual. Ranboo felt a pang in his chest, not the ones where you feel happiness towards someone you love, more like that creeping ominous spidey sense that everyone hates. He looked around, trying to find where it was coming from, or why he could be feeling this way. Maybe the clouds brought this feeling? No, they were just clouds. Nothing to worry about. He looked down at Y/N who was quietly snoozing. He chuckled, adoring them. He looked around, a murder of crows passing by. He hummed at them, adding to the eerie atmosphere; how can his beloved sleep with this much tension? 

He continued to observe his surroundings. Feeling nervous, that's when he heard it. An arrow soared threw the air past him. Less like an arrow and more like a firework. It blew up.

"Y/N WAKE UP !"

"What the hel-"

another firework.

"MOVE-MOVE!"

And another.

"SHIT WHAT'S GOING ON?!"

Another.

"NOT NOW JUST RUN!"

Ranboo and Y/N ran as fast as possible, the dark sky starting to pour down on them as more fireworks sailed in their direction. Ranboo yanked Y/N by the arm and ran as fast possible. He looked back, before another firework was lit he saw who was attacking him. But only a glimpse.

"Dream." 

:)