Chapter 2: The Cursed School

It wasn't long before she felt it again.

It made her feely slightly nauseous as she wandered around the empty street, looking for the source of the hostile energy. It was stronger than last time and completely different from the one she killed in the backstreet.

She came to a stop outside what looked to be a school. The presence felt much stronger here.

Sighing, she jumped lightly over the fence, narrowly avoiding twisting her ankle. Once in the school, she came to a grounding halt.

This presence, its pure evil, she thought, shuddering. Unexpectedly she heard a high pitched scream. A girl's scream. She ran in the general direction of the scream, running through the corridors and turning a corner before she came face to face with it.

It looked like a nightmare. What appeared to be a tangled mass of flesh and teeth and eyes, which all snapped towards her as she stepped into view.

Bile rose in her throat. She'd never seen anything like this before. Part of her was repulsed, but the other part was darkly fascinated by the heaving mass.

The student who appeared to be the source of the scream was currently unconscious and looked like she was about to be absorbed by the teeming mass.

"Damn it! Is it trying to swallow her along with the cursed object?! I'm' not going to make it!" She thought she heard someone say.

Reaching to her side, she summoned a shadow pocket, reaching inside it for her trusty katanas which materialised around her fingers.

Gripping them tightly, she charged towards the creature before she could change her mind.

Hacking and weaving, she managed to grasp the girl's body and the male student, jumping back just in time before the space she was standing in was crushed under the creatures rampage.

Unfortunately, the creature looked like it wasn't about to let its meal tickets away so easily. It let out a massive roar, causing the ground to shake under her.

She stumbled backwards into something solid.

Something solid and warm.

She turned around and found herself face to face with a young man with ink-black hair who appeared to be wearing a navy blue uniform of sorts.

** ** **

"Who are you?" Fushiguro Megumi asked, looking towards her as she sat against the wall panting, both students lying on the ground next to her. Another boy with pink hair and a yellow hoodie had run in from the corridor, panting. His eyes widening when he saw both of the students unconscious.

They must be his friends, she thought to herself, watching as he checked them over.

"Mina," she replied.

"What about your last name?"

"Just Mina," she said again.

"I'm Itadori Yuuji and that's Fushiguro Megumi," said the boy in the yellow hoodie.

"tsk." Megumi turned to survey the corridor, presumably for any other threats.

"Why does this world have so many weird creatures that want to kill people?" she muttered half to herself. Megumi looked at her weirdly.

"Have you encountered any before?" he asked cautiously. She nodded.

"I killed one earlier today. I met this weird blindfold man who said they were called curses, right?" she asked.

Megumi's jaw dropped.

She couldn't possibly be talking about Gojou Sensei. He'd been dispatched to exorcise a Special Grade Curse... does that mean she killed it?... He looked at Mina in disbelief.