Chapter 13: Ghosts

She found it hard to believe, but his spiky white hair was unmistakable. The only difference in the picture was that he wore sunglasses to cover his eyes as opposed to his usual blindfold, however, there was no mistaking that it was still him.

That meant only one thing.

Gojou Satoru knew about the Codex.

Mina placed down her coffee and rubbed her eyes tiredly. Before when she'd asked him about the Codex, she thought he looked nervous. However, what doubts she had in assessing how much Gojou knew vanished upon seeing him in the picture.

The sly bastard lied to me.

A small seedling of distrust grew within her as the thought of the jujutsu sorcerer who had deliberately concealed this from her.

At that moment the bell door to the cafe jingled, and the devil himself strolled in. the special grade sorcerer had spotted her glaring at him from her table in the corner and strode over, grinning.

He sat down only to be met by Mina's now lukewarm coffee being thrown at his face.

It bounced harmlessly off him, not even touching him. Mina tsked and placed the cup down, glaring at Gojou Satoru.

"Mina, I'm five years older than you so shouldn't you respect me as your senior?" he joked playfully. He noticed her gaze turn frosty.

"Why are you mad?" he asked cautiously.

"You knew about the codex?" she asked flatly.

"I'm not sure of what you are referring to," he lied. Mina slammed a hand on the table, causing the other customers to jump and stare.

"Don't bullshit me Gojou, I know you found it a few years ago, so where is it?" She pressed on, but Gojou shook his head.

"I'll tell you eventually, but there are more pressing matters at hand," Gojou said, leaning back in the chair and observing her. It's barely been 3 weeks, but she's lost weight, he thought, noting the purple smudges under her eyes.

"Is this a game to you?" she asked quietly. Gojou blinked as he felt the temperature of the room drop as she glared at him angrily. The spilt droplets of coffee on the table crystalised as they froze.

"No, not really," he replied, continuing to survey her carefully, on guard should her disposition change for the worse.

"What pressing matters?" Mina asked, not noticing Gojou's probing gaze.

"Pressing matters such as your death." Mina blinked.

"Let me clarify. To the jujutsu world, you died alongside Itadori Yuuji that day."

"Cool," she replied, bored. She closed the laptop and placed it in her bag and headed for the door.

"The higher-ups wanted you both out of the picture, with Yuuji being Sukuna's vessel and you being a 'hostile' foreign entity, it was like killing two birds with one stone," he continued as they walked down the street.

She remembered that Geto had said something similar, and nodded.

"That's irrelevant, I could not care less about you and your damn sorcerers, just tell me where the codex is."

Gojou waved his hand dismissively, ignoring her glare.

"All in good time, but first, I have something to show you."

** ** **

"What is it Gojou?" Mina asked irritably. Gojou had wrapped a blindfold around her eyes and dragged her off somewhere. The exhaustion of the past few weeks were beginning to catch up to her, and she wanted nothing more than to find a bed and sleep for a week.