Chapter 3: A New Dawn

She was running down a hallway, ignoring the screams of those dying. Those from her own hands which had unleashed the suffering upon them which they had done to her. She felt a savage sort of satisfaction at the chaos around her.

She made sure to burn this place to the ground and everyone in it, leaving nothing but ash and the smell of smoke in the air.

She didn't know how long she ran for. It could've been days, weeks even. The wind blew harshly against her, threatening to knock her over, but she kept running.

She ran into a clearing, sure that she had put enough space between them to attempt to do the impossible.

She pulled out a knife from her coat pocket and drew it sharply down the palm of her hand, letting the blood soak into the earth. Closing her eyes, she focused on the universe breathing.

The ground quivered below her, groaning in protest as a portal emerged in front of her.

The portal glowed a faint blue, almost white, reflecting light off her silver gaze.

She heard him roar in anger somewhere behind her.

The sound came from hundreds of miles away, yet the mountains themselves trembled.

She flung the knife away, willing it to ashes.

Before she could change her mind, she jumped, the portal swallowing her whole before closing, leaving the area looking untouched.

** ** **

Mina woke up in a room which appeared to have scraps of paper with red markings covering the walls.

Her arms were tied with thick rope behind her back. Flexing slightly, she still felt her power, but it lay dormant under her skin. She wasn't able to summon it effectively. Perhaps it had something to do with the markings on the wall?

She figured that they were meant to suppress her completely.

She could escape the room if she wished, but she needed questions answering.

Her side no longer felt like it was on fire, and she glanced down to see bandages peeking through her shirt. Whoever had taken her had patched her up pretty well.

"Hello," came a cheerful voice, causing her to jump.

Mina hadn't noticed the man sitting right in front of her. Not that he was hard to miss, with his brilliant white hair which looked as if it glowed in the candlelight. Her eyes narrowed at the familiar face.

"Oh, you're awake," the man said, straightening up in the chair he'd previously been lounging on.

"My name is Gojou Satoru, and you are?" he asked. She glared at him.

"Mina," she replied coldly.

"Sorry about the room, the higher-ups wanted to take precautions against you as they think you are somehow a threat." Her ears perked up at that.

"How exactly am I a threat? I've only just arrived here...." Her voice trailed off.

"How long have I been unconscious?" she asked.

"3 days." She nodded. But Gojou was interested in what she had said before.

"Arrived from where exactly?" he asked, watching amused as she stiffened.

"You know, the higher-ups wanted to execute you," he said casually, watching her expression.

"Why?"