Chapter 4: A demonstration

"I can't believe you talked me into this," she groaned as she followed Gojou to the dorms where she would be staying alongside Megumi and Yuuji.

"Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical High School," Gojou rambled on about the school's history, with Mina only half listening as she looked around.

"You guys couldn't have made the name any shorter, could you?" she said dryly.

"You'll be staying with the other first years," Gojou continued, pretending as if he didn't hear her.

"However you aren't exactly a first year, especially in terms of your abilities, but from what I saw you don't seem to be fully aware of them," he said as they walked down a passage that overlooked a garden. She frowned.

"Were you watching us the whole time!" she demanded.

"Yea, what about it?" he pulled a face. She rolled her eyes at his childishness.

"How old even are you," she said sarcastically.

"I'm 27 years old," he puffed proudly. She merely rolled her eyes at his immaturity.

"From what I saw, your current skill set is impressive Mina, especially that barrier you can summon. In fact, it's quite similar to my infinity," he told her. She stopped walking.

"There it is again. You said something about this 'infinity' before. What is it?" she asked, curious.

"Touch my hand." Gojou held out a hand in front of him, beckoning her closer. She blinked.

"What?"

"Touch my hand," he repeated.

Eyes narrowing, Mina reached forwards-

-and was met by a wall of resistance.

"Huh?" she said stupidly, causing him to chuckle.

"This is my infinity. It looks like you aren't able to move your hand any closer, but in fact, you are moving, just incredibly slowly." She nodded, understanding what he meant.

"So that's why It's called infinity," she guessed.

"Bingo! Now what you can do is similar, except you block everything without slowing it down." He looked at her.

"Are you able to focus the barrier to your body, or are you only able to project it?" he asked.

"To be honest I only found out I could do it the other day," she confessed. Gojou looked thoughtful.

"With some training, you'll be able to focus it on protecting your body as well. I wonder what else you'll be able to do with the right training," he mused.

"You saw me use Multiply and Shadow Pockets in that backstreet the other day?" she asked. He nodded.

"Nice work with that cursed spirit by the way." She smiled at that.

"Thanks."

Gojou suddenly stopped, nearly causing Mina to knock into him.

"Crap," he muttered.

"What?"

"I was supposed to take you to meet the Principal," he said, slapping his forehead.

"Why?" she asked.

"You, like Yuuji, are a special case, and the Principal himself wants to see you in person," Gojou replied.

"Ugh, is he one of those 'elders' you mentioned?" Gojou shook his head.

"Nah, he's one of the good ones."

Gojou led her down a stone path and into one of the buildings.