Chapter 7: Interested Spectators

The dark-haired man watched interestedly as the woman attacked Gojou Satoru without mercy, landing hit after hit, observing her loss of control as she ravaged her surroundings.

"She is capable of fighting on Gojou Satoru's level?" came a childish voice from next to him. The dark-haired man nodded, amused at this unexpected variable that came into play.

"It seems that Jujutsu Tech has got hold of Sukuna's vessel and a being more powerful than Gojou Satoru himself. They must be beside themselves" he chuckled. The grey-haired man next to him frowned slightly as they witnessed Gojou's domain expansion.

"She lost the fight though?" The dark-haired man shook his head.

"We both observed the fight from start to finish, and it became obvious that she is suppressing herself. I won't be surprised if Gojou Satoru didn't notice it himself."

"So she's placing limits on herself and not releasing her full power?" the grey-haired man looked down at the destroyed forest, amazed at the fact that this was caused by a woman not fighting her hardest.

"A person more powerful than Gojou Satoru, the strongest Jujutsu Sorcerer to have ever existed?" the grey-haired man murmured. In truth, he was surprised at how the woman had managed to defend against Gojou that he struggled to deflect.

"If a human woman was able to attack Gojou Satoru, then don't you think you are overestimating him" said a gravelly voice emerging from the shadows behind them. The dark-haired man frowned slightly at the newcomer.

"Human...' the dark-haired man mused, watching as Gojou lifted his domain expansion, now carrying the unconscious woman in his arms.

"Considering this, we will work under the assumption that Jujutsu High has captured a being beyond their control. We should work on persuading her to join our cause," the dark-haired man told them. The owner of the gravelly voice snorted, but the grey-haired man looked thoughtful.

"How do we do that?" a feminine voice asked curiously. The dark-haired man merely smiled.

"With Sukuna, he wants his fingers, so there must be something the woman wants, and if we provide it, I'm sure she'll consider."

"But first," he added.

"We need to test just exactly what she is capable of as well as Sukuna. If she is able to stand against the Gojou Satoru, our plans will progress much sooner than anticipated."

** ** **

Mina woke up with a throbbing headache and a certain white-haired individual sitting beside her bed. He was occupied on his phone when he looked up to see her stirring.

"How long have I been out?" Gojou's eyes looked down at her words.

"You've been sleeping for 2 days. Sorry about that," he said guiltily. She hissed in pain as she sat up, her body feeling sore all over. More than that she felt drained, figuring that it was probably due to expending more energy than she was used to.

"Don't push me like that again," she said quietly. Gojou nodded.

"What happened back then?" Gojou asked, resting his chin on his hand as he watched every movement carefully.

"A glimpse of my potential."

Just then the door to the infirmary burst open, revealing Yuuji, Megumi and Nobara.

Truth be told, it came as quite a shock to the three of them when Gojou returned to Jujutsu Tech looking as if a bomb had hit him while carrying an unconscious and pale Mina.

Their eyes had practically bulged when he informed them that he tested her abilities by going against her, and how he had to use his domain expansion to subdue her.

He'd taken her to Ieiri who checked her over and managed to stop the bleeding.

"Mina are you okay?" Yuuji asked worriedly coming over to her. Even Nobara looked mildly concerned for her. Megumi remained standing by the door, but his eyes looked worried.

"I'm fine. Just feeling a bit sore and irritated" she said, shooting daggers at Gojou.

Gojou merely clapped his hands together and grinned.

"Now Mina's awake, I am going to take my leave. I'll be back in a week," he said as he left the room abruptly. Mina looked to Megumi for clarification.

"He's got a mission."

She swung her legs out of the bed and stretched.

"What are you guys up to?" she asked curiously.

Cursed weapon training. We were going to spar against each other. Are you interested in joining, or do you still need to recover?" Megumi asked.

"Of course I'm joining you guys," she grinned.

"I hope you all are ready for me to kick your asses."

** ** **

She didn't lie about kicking our asses, Yuuji grumbled to himself as he picked himself up off the damp grass, his wooden katana lying a few meters away. Nobara sat beside him, massaging her hand which had a large welt from where Mina had disarmed her moments earlier.

Only Megumi had managed to last longer than the rest of them.

"Don't you think Megumi is being a little stubborn," Nobara groaned, flexing her hand which still stung from Mina's blow.

They both watched as Mina and Megumi sparred, wood clashing against wood. They guessed that his previous training had allowed him to hold his ground, although that didn't stop from Mina landing a few well-placed hits to Megumi's arms and legs, causing him to wince.

Mina grinned delightedly as Megumi kept up with her, their katanas clashing. Mina had tied her dark hair into a thick ponytail, letting the white strip of hair flutter loosely on the side of her face as she dodged Megumi's katana. Nobara and Yuuji watched as Mina did a complicated manoeuvre, twisting her katana and sending Megumi's flying through the air and into her outstretched hand.

"I guess I win," she stuck out her tongue at him as he panted, sweat dripping from his forehead. She blinked in confusion as he smirked at her.

"Nue."

Suddenly, an orange creature swooped down from the sky and snatched the katanas out of her hands before knocking her over the head with it. She yelped in pain as Megumi's owl-like shikigami dropped the wooden katana into Megumi's hands. Megumi looked at her smugly.

Nobara and Yuuji started laughing as Mina complained that Megumi cheated.

They sat together on the grass to catch their breath, the warm summer breeze cooling their skin.

The four of them sat together comfortably, with Yuuji and Nobara's engaged in an animated discussion while the other two sat and watched them, amused at their childish antics.

Megumi wasn't one to speak much and Mina respected that, for she felt the same. She was content observing this bizarre new world which would be her life for the next few months.

These small moments of peace and happiness felt like fragile glass in her hands, ready to shatter at any moment. Mina shivered as the temperature began to drop, wrapping her coat tighter around her body.

It had just begun to darken when Megumi received a phone call. He listened intently, muttering a few affirmations before hanging up.

"What's wrong?" Mina asked interestedly, noting the troubled look on Megumi's face.

"We have a mission."