𝟖. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐲

it's the fourth of july on a sunday today. me and my friends have a busy day ahead of us. we're starting off the day with a barbecue at one of the producer's house and swimming in his pool. after, we're going to lake attaloona to kayak and jet ski.

hannah, jacob, xolo, mary, tanner, gianni, and i carpool in xolo's car to the producer's house for the big barbecue.

i was hoping to sit next to hannah and mary but hannah took shotgun to sit next to xolo.

mary, tanner, and gianni took the three seats in the middle which leaves me in jacob alone in the back.
oh God.

i take the left seat in the back and expected him to sit in the right seat to leave an open space in the middle between us.
but that's not what he did.
he sat right next to me and smiled.
i smile back at him and tell him hello.
our knees touch and he doesn't move his.

hannah and xolo look behind them to look at us and they start to whisper.
they're doing the thing again.
i'm starting to really really get anxious about what's been going on.

during the car ride, mary chats with me and jacob about what she used to do for fourth of july back in california. gianni and tanner join in the conversation while hannah and xolo talk the entire ride between themselves.

i'm so excited for the barbecue pool party because the entire cast including the directors and producers will be there.
plus, me and hannah just got new swimsuits the other day at target which we're going to be wearing.

we finally arrive.

we get out the car and head to the surprisingly ginormous mansion in front of us.
all the tables had ten chairs.
i sit next to xolo, jacob, hannah, tanner, mary, gianni, annalisa, khalil, and aedin.

i'm sitting in between jacob and hannah. next to hannah is xolo. then there was mary, annalisa, gianni, tanner, khalil, joe, and aedin.
the strange thing was that right when i sat down next to hannah, jacob sat next to me quickly instead of sitting next to his best friend, xolo.

half of us ate pulled pork sandwiches and the other half of us ate hot dogs.
i ate a pulled pork sandwich.

after we ate, we spent about thirty minutes or so talking to each other and then we started to get ready to get in the pool.

we enter the bathroom one by one to get quickly changed into our swimsuits.

after each one of us got out, we complemented each other's bathing suits and clapped like we were some type of model.

we got in the pool all together with most of us starting at the stairs to get used to the coldness. i was starting to walk towards the stairs until i feel cold hands on my back that push me into the pool.

i scream and then swim up from underwater to see who pushed me.

it was jacob.

hannah, mary, annalisa, and khalil laughed at me when xolo gasped and put his hand over his mouth.

"you're such a jerk," i say laughing.

"thanks for the compliment," he says laughing back at me.

since i was already in the water, i started to swim to get used to the cold water.

me and mary held handstand contests and we all did the challenge on who could their breath the longest. tanner won it.

finally, we tried a diving contest and annalisa won that one. after the contests and food, we changed back to our regular clothes and dried off.

we all went back to the xolo's car to drive to lake allatoona and we sat in our same seats.

mary took the aux this time and played p!nk and demi lovato. everyone in the car jammed out and sang along to the songs.