Chapter Twelve

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃:

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎- THE VERY SECRET DIARY

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
- THE VERY SECRET DIARY

𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐄 remained in the hospital wing for several weeks. There was a flurry of rumor about her disappearance when the rest of the school arrived back from their Christmas holidays, because of course everyone thought that she had been attacked.

So many students filed past the hospital wing trying to catch a glimpse of her that Madam Pomfrey took out her curtains again and placed them around Hermione's bed, to spare her the shame of being seen with a furry face.

Harry, Ron and [y/n] went to visit her every evening. When the new term started, they brought her each day's homework.

"If I'd sprouted whiskers, I'd take a break from work," said Ron, tipping a stack of books onto Hermione's bedside table one evening.

"Don't be silly, Ron, I've got to keep up," said Hermione briskly. Her spirits were greatly improved by the fact that all the hair had gone from her face and her eyes were turning slowly back to brown. "I don't suppose you've got any new leads?" she added in a whisper, so that Madam Pomfrey couldn't hear her.

"Nothing," said Harry gloomily. Hermione's eyes landed on [y/n]'s figure, who was busy reading a book.

"What's that [y/n]?" [y/n] looked up and smiled at the brunette.

"Oh, it's just something my parents sent me. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." She said while showing off the cover.

Ron made a scared face. "And where to find them? Who in their right mind would want to find a beast that could bloody kill you?"

[y/n] huffed, "There's no need to be rude about it." And went back to reading.

Harry hit Ron in the arm, gesturing back to the [h/c] haired girl.

"S-sorry." He said, his head not meeting hers. She sighed, "It's fine."

The Weasley wanted to change the subject, "I was so sure it was Malfoy," said Ron, for about the hundredth time.

[y/n]'s eyes wondered until she saw something gold sticking out from under Hermione's pillow. Hermione noticed and smiled at her friend.

"Just a get well card," said Hermione hastily, trying to poke it out of sight, but Ron was too quick for her. He pulled it out, flicked it open, and read aloud:

"To Miss Granger, wishing you a speedy recovery, from your concerned teacher, Professor Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award."

Ron looked up at Hermione, disgusted.

"You sleep with this under your pillow?"

But Hermione was spared answering by Madam Pomfrey sweeping over with her evening dose of medicine.