Chapter One

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃:

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎- THE NEW TRANSFER

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
- THE NEW TRANSFER

"𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, we have a special guest. A transfer student from Beauxbatons. She's going to be starting her second year and I hope that everyone will welcome her with open arms" said Dumbledore.

There was silence afterwards. Everyone started hearing footsteps, all the students turned to their backs and saw what looks like to be a girl. And as any student who hails from the French school, the air she carried stopped anyone from turning away their attention.

Professor Mcgonagall gestured to her, indicating that she should follow her. She told the girl to sit on the stool at the head of the Great Hall. She nodded then proceeded to sit on the stool. Professor Mcgonagall then placed the sorting hat on top of her head.

"Ah! A [l/n]! I haven't sorted one in years! Hmm... Let us see... Well you are a very hard worker, and patient too! Kind and loyal as well... but I don't think Hufflepuff is the house for you... A Ravenclaw maybe? She is both Witty and Wise. But maybe there's something else, something I have yet to realize. Now it's between Slytherin and Gryffindor, who's founders have clashed. But there's something similar between the two... Something that has always matched. This girl is brave yet cunning as well. She's daring and ambitious that, I can tell. She is always so courageous and also very determined. She'll make a good leader and with that I am very certain..." The sorting hat then became quiet for a few seconds.

"GRYFFINDOR!" it roared. The Gryffindor table started clapping very loudly, different from how they clapped when the first years were being sorted. To the dismay of the other houses, not being able to welcome the girl to their own.

The [h/c] haired girl stood up from her seat then started walking towards the Gryffindor table. She spotted a girl who had bushy brown hair and brown eyes. She walked towards the girl then made eye contact with her.

She greeted the girl with the slight curtsy, which did not go unnoticed. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, I am [y/n], [y/n] [l/n]" she said with a smile. "I was wondering if I could sit next to you, will that be ok?"

"s-sure!" Once getting acquainted with the girl - who she now knows as Hermione Granger, she realized the girl to be a kindred spirit. Hermione was quick to notice the fact that everyone was staring at them, mostly the oblivious [y/n] to be precise as she chatted along. Hermione found it rather endearing, having someone not care for such attention.

Soon the feast was over and the Gryffindor Prefect, Percy Weasley. Approached both [y/n] and the rest of the first years.

"Hello everyone, I'm the Gryffindor Prefect, Percy Weasley. My first task is to guide all of you. More specifically, show you where the Gryffindor common room is located and to tell you that if you have any problems or concerns you can approach me" He said with a professional tone. His eyes then landed on the foreigner who greeted him with a polite smile before he briskly turned away to exit the great hall.

.

"This is the Gryffindor Common Room. The boy's dormitories are upstairs and downstairs to your left. The girl's, the same on your right. You'll find that all your belongings have been already been brought up." His eyes landed on the crowd of first years, the familiar [h/c] poking out. Everyone started proceeding towards their prospective dormitories.

"Goodnight—" His eyes locked with curious [e/c].

"-everyone."

Finding her way to the girls dormitories, her eyes landed on Hermione who was laying on one of the beds. She approached the girl, about to give a small bow when Hermione immediately stopped her. This caught the attention of two other Gryffindors in the room, Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil.

"I-it's fine, you don't have to do that every time we meet" she said to the [h/c] haired girl.

"But my family has always taught me that it is the proper way to greet a person with respect." she said with a confused expression.

"Well... yes. It's a way of greeting someone, just that—" she was then cut off by the girl.

"Some people would assume I'm doing it for the attention" she said. For a minute Hermione was surprised that she said exactly what she was about to say. But then remembered, that the sorting hat was actually considering to put her in Ravenclaw because of her wit and wisdom.

[y/n] saw the expression of Hermione and smiled. "Do not worry, I'll make sure to shake hands instead." she said. Hermione smiled back and pointed to one of the empty beds.

"That's going to be your bed, as what I assumed Percy already told you that all your belongings have been already brought up here" she said. And [y/n] nodded.

"Well goodnight [y/n]" said Hermione.

"Goodnight."

.

The whispers woke Hermione out of her dream. Lavender and Parvati decided to stay up a little late to discuss the transfer, hoping no one would hear them so late. Hermione made mute not to alert them, but could not help but stir once they started gossiping about [y/n]. With a cough, they froze mid sentence. Turning her head to the side, she saw that the others were still asleep - the [l/n] girl included.

She faked a smile. "I would appreciate it if you both could turn it down. You woke me up. And I would prefer to be wide awake for tomorrow's classes, but I can't do that if you continue chattering at midnight." Small sorrys were heard, and the two pulled up their blankets to get ready for bed.

With one glance, Hermione let out a quiet scoff. "And honestly, bad mouthing a student that is sleeping right here is just plain disrespect."