Chapter Five

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃:

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎- DEATHDAY

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
- DEATHDAY

𝐑𝐎𝐍 was being carried by both Hermione and Harry, they soon reached the front door of Hagrid. They knocked on the door, when it suddenly opened revealing a Giant...well half Giant.

His name was Rubeus Hagrid, he was taller than the average human being, maybe even more. And [y/n] couldn't help but stare at the man. He had shaggy hair and a tangled beard accompanied by him wearing a huge overcoat.

"[y/n], this is Hagrid. Hagrid, [y/n]" Harry introduced.

"H-hi" [y/n] stuttered still staring at the huge man. He waved at her and smiled warmly.

"Hagrid, one of Ron's spells backfired" Harry told Hagrid to which he nodded and gestured to them to enter his house.

When they were all seated Hagrid gave Ron a bucket. Hermione and [y/n] were patting Ron's back, while Harry was giving a more clear explanation of what happened.

"Malfoy called Hermione something. It must've been really bad, because everyone went mad." Harry said.

"It was bad" said Ron hoarsely, emerging over the table top, looking pale and sweaty.

"Malfoy called her 'Mudblood' Hagrid -

Ron dived out of sight again as a fresh wave of slugs made their appearance. Hagrid looked outraged.

"He didn'!" he growled at Hermione.

"He did" she said.

"But I don't know what it means. I could tell it was really rude, of course..." Harry said looking at the group confused.

"It's about the most insulting thing he could think of" gasped Ron, coming back up.

"Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who was Muggle-born - you know, non-magic parents. There are some wizards - like Malfoy's family - who think they're better than everyone else because they're what people call pure-blood" He gave a small burp, and a single slug fell into his outstretched hand. He threw it into the basin and continued,

"I mean, the rest of us know it doesn't make any difference at all. Look at Neville Longbottom - he's pure-blood and he can hardly stand a cauldron the right way up. And [y/n]...wait I never asked, are you a pureblood?" Ron asked [y/n].

"Yeah, so you can see Harry, I'm not like Malfoy" she gestured to herself giggling a bit at the end.

"An' they haven't invented a spell our Hermione can't do" Hagrid said proudly making Hermione's face go red out of embarrassment.

"It's a disgusting thing to call someone" said Ron, wiping his sweaty brow with a shaking hand.

"Dirty blood, see. Common blood. It's mad. Most wizards these days are half-blood anyway. If we hadn't married Muggles we'd've died out" He retched and ducked out of sight again.