Chapter Four

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃:

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎- QUIDDITCH

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
- QUIDDITCH

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 asked the group if they could accompany him to the Quidditch field for Quidditch practice. Well mostly because he wanted [y/y] to see him in action as the Gryffindor seeker. Both Hermione and Ron knew what he was up to while [y/n] was completely oblivious.

On the way to the field they bumped into a boy who was shorter than Harry. He had mousy brown hair and brown eyes. Ron, Hermione and Harry already knew who it was, Colin Creevey. He started asking Harry tons of questions which made [y/n] giggle.

"Wow, a fan of the famous Harry Potter I presume?" she asked Colin while smiling. Colin turned to the girl who he completely ignored while he was speaking with Harry. Once he fully faced her he immediately started blushing.

"Y-yeah b-big fan" he said while stuttering. He was gripping his camera tight while looking down. Which [y/n] noticed.

"Is that an Argus C3 Matchmatic?" she asked while pointing towards the camera. Everyone was surprised at how she knew what type of camera it was since they didn't know. Especially Colin.

"Y-yes! It is!" he said astounded

"How did you know?" he asked with curiosity.

"Well, back in France I used to study Journalism. My task was to take pictures." She answered still smiling. Then she remembered something.

"Oh! How rude of me. I am [y/n] [l/n], it's a pleasure to meet you" she said to the boy.

"C-colin Creevey! Same goes to you" he replied still blushing. Harry who's had enough at this point stepped in.

"Sorry Colin, we have to go now, see you later" he said while grabbing [y/n]'s hand with Ron and Hermione following them.

     Once they arrived though, they saw the Quidditch captains of both Gryffindor and Slytherin arguing with each other. Ron, Hermione, and [y/n] decided to stay back since they agreed it's only something people in the Quidditch team should get involved in.

"Flint! This is our practice time! We got up specially! You can clear off now!" The Gryffindor Quidditch captain, Oliver Wood, bellowed at a certain Slytherin.

"Plenty of room for all of us, Wood." replied Marcus Flint, the Slytherin Quidditch captain.

"But I booked the pitch!" said Wood, positively spitting with rage. "I booked it!"

"Ah," said Flint, "but I've got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape. I, Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practise today on the Quidditch pitch, owing to the need to train their new Seeker."

"You've got a new Seeker?" said Wood, distracted. "Where?"

And from behind the six large figures before them came a seventh, smaller boy, smirking all over his pale, pointed face. It was Draco Malfoy.

"Aren't you Lucius Malfoy's son?" said Fred, looking at Malfoy with dislike.

"Funny you should mention Draco's father," said Flint, as the whole Slytherin team smiled still more broadly. "Let me show you the generous gift he's made to the Slytherin team."

All seven of them held out their broomsticks. Seven highly polished, brand-new handles and seven sets of fine gold lettering spelling the words 'Nimbus Two Thousand and One' gleamed under the Gryffindors' noses in the early-morning sun.

"Very latest model. Only came out last month," said Flint carelessly, flicking a speck of dust from the end of his own. "I believe it outstrips the old Two Thousand series by a considerable amount. As for the old Cleansweeps," he smiled nastily at Fred and George, who were both clutching Cleansweep Fives, "sweeps the board with them."

None of the Gryffindor team could think of anything to say for a moment. Malfoy was smirking so broadly his cold eyes were reduced to slits.

"Oh look," said Flint. "A pitch invasion."

[y/n], Ron and Hermione were crossing the grass to see what was going on.

"What's happening?" Ron asked Harry. "Why aren't you playing? And what's he doing here?" He was looking at Malfoy, taking in his Slytherin Quidditch robes.

"I'm the new Slytherin Seeker, Weasley," said Malfoy, smugly. "Everyone's just been admiring the brooms my father's bought our team."

Ron gaped, open-mouthed, at the seven superb broomsticks in front of him.

"Good, aren't they?" said Malfoy smoothly. "But perhaps the Gryffindor team will be able to raise some gold and get new brooms, too. You could raffle off those Cleansweep Fives, I expect a museum would bid for them." The Slytherin team howled with laughter.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in," said [y/n] sharply. "They got in on pure talent." said Hermione. The smug look on Malfoy's face flickered. He looked at the girl who just insulted him. He was met with a pair of Beautiful [e/c] eyes.

     He was taking in the girls appearance. She had Silky [h/c] hair and was wearing Gryffindor robes. For someone reason Malfoy couldn't help but imagine her in Slytherin robes.

"And who might you be?" he asked the girl.

"[y/—" [y/n] was about to say her name until she was cut off by Hermione.

"Are you that pathetically dim-witted to the point you forgot her name, despite it already been said to everyone at the Great Hall?" Hermione said sharply.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood," he spat.

"How dare you!" Ron plunged his hand into his robes, pulled out his wand, yelling, "You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!" and pointed it furiously under Flint's arm at Malfoy's face.

     A loud bang echoed around the stadium and a jet of green light shot out of the wrong end of Ron's wand, hitting him in the stomach and sending him reeling backwards onto the grass.

"Ron! Ron! Are you all right?" squealed [y/n].

     Ron opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Instead he gave an almighty belch and several slugs dribbled out of his mouth onto his lap.

     The Slytherin team were paralysed with laughter. Flint was doubled up, hanging on to his new broomstick for support. Malfoy was on all fours, banging the ground with his fist. The Gryffindors were gathered around Ron, who kept belching large, glistening slugs. Nobody seemed to want to touch him.

     "We'd better get him to Hagrid's, it's nearest,' said Harry to Hermione, who nodded bravely, and the pair of them pulled Ron up by the arms.

     [y/n] was about to follow them wondering who this Hagrid character was. When her hand was suddenly grabbed by another. She turned towards the suspect and saw the boy who she assumed his name was Malfoy since everybody kept yelling that name towards him.

"Uh can I help you?" she asked with a hint of annoyance since she was kinda upset of how he treated your friends and fellow Gryffindors. She could see a tiny shade of pink on his cheeks but ignored it.

"I uh still don't know your name..." he said while awkwardly looking down. [y/n] thought, 'what could go wrong? he just wants to know my name...it's not like we'll be friends or anything'

"[y/n] [l/n]" she said while removing his hand away from hers running towards her friends.

When she was out of sight the boy was still frozen in place. His mind wandering off to asking his father if he knew anyone with the surname [l/n].