Chapter Eight

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃:

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎- THE BOOK

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
- THE BOOK

𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐘 Weasley seemed very disturbed by Mrs. Norris's fate. According to Ron, she was a great cat lover.

"But you haven't really got to know Mrs. Norris," Ron told her bracingly. "Honestly, we're much better off without her." Ginny's lip trembled.

"Stuff like this doesn't often happen at Hogwarts," Ron assured her.

"They'll catch the maniac who did it and have him out of here in no time. I just hope he's got time to Petrify Filch before he's expelled. I'm only joking-" Ron added hastily as Ginny blanched.

The attack had also had an effect on Hermione. She invited [y/n] to the library a lot and they've been spending a lot of time there.

Neither Harry or Ron get much response from her and when they asked [y/n] she would just smile, change the subject, and leave.

Harry had been held back in Potions, where Snape had made him stay behind to scrape tubeworms off the desks.

After a hurried lunch, he went upstairs to meet Ron in the library, and saw Justin Finch-Fletchley, the Hufflepuff boy from Herbology, and the one who blushed a lot when he caught sight or made eye contact with [y/n].

As he was walking towards him, Harry had just opened his mouth to say hello when Justin caught sight of him, turned abruptly, and sped off in the opposite direction.

Harry found Ron at the back of the library, measuring his History of Magic homework. Professor Binns had asked for a three foot long composition on "The Medieval Assembly of European Wizards."

"I don't believe it, I'm still eight inches short." said Ron furiously, letting go of his parchment, which sprang back into a roll. "And Hermione's done four feet seven inches and her writing's tiny."

"Where is she?" asked Harry, grabbing the tape measure and unrolling his own homework.

"Somewhere over there," said Ron, pointing along the shelves. "Looking for another book with [y/n]. I think she's trying to read the whole library before Christmas and she's dragging [y/n] along with her so we can't spend time with her." he said grumpily.

Harry told Ron about Justin Finch-Fletchley running away from him.

"Dunno why you care. I thought he was a bit of an idiot," said Ron, scribbling away, making his writing as large as possible. "All that junk about Lockhart being so great--"

Hermione and [y/n] emerged from between the bookshelves. Hermione looked irritable and at last seemed ready to talk to them.

"All the copies of Hogwarts, A History have been taken out," she said, sitting down next to Harry while [y/n] sat between him and Ron.