Chapter Two

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃:

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎- FIRST DAY

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
- FIRST DAY

"𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 on [y/n]! We'll be late for breakfast!" Hermione said while taking off [y/n]'s blanket. The startled girl begun to sprint, hurrying to get ready. Once she was properly dressed she met up with Hermione who was eagerly waiting for her, holding a headband that bore gryffindor colors before placing it on the girl's head.

"I was thinking it would look good on you" she said while stepping back a bit to get a better view.

"And I was right" she smirked.

"Come on!" she then grabbed the girl's wrist and started running down stairs. When they arrived at the Great Hall she saw that everyone was already eating. She then pulled her towards two boys, one was a redhead and the other had messy black hair who might I add, was wearing glasses.

.

"Percy told me he met the new transfer" Ron told Harry.

"I didn't know there was a transfer."

"Yeah, me too. And let me tell you, he was acting strange." He said.

"Is she a first year or a second year like us?" Harry asked him.

"She's a second year."

"There you guys are!" The two heard a familiar voice. Both Harry and Ron turn around to see Hermione, but she wasn't alone. She was with the new transfer.

She had [h/l] [h/c] hair accompanied by a Gryffindor headband. She also had dazzling [e/c] eyes that anybody would get lost in. She made eye contact with both Ron and Harry, then whispered to Hermione.

This caused the boys to reevaluate themselves, was there something wrong? Why was she whispering? Things only got worse when Hermione whispered back.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am [y/n] [l/n], a second year and the transfer student from Beauxbatons" she said.

"O-oh, hello. I'm Harry, Harry Potter."

"And I'm Ron Weasley."

.

"We'll be re-potting Mandrakes today. Now, who can tell me the properties of the Mandrake?" Professor Sprout asked the class. [y/n] quickly raised her hand and saw that Hermione did the same.

"Yes Miss [l/n]?" she asked [y/n].

"Mandrake, or Mandragora is a powerful restorative. It is used to return people who have been transfigured or cursed, to their original state" [y/n] told Professor Sprout in a loud and clear voice. Everyone was either surprised at how well she said her answer and not at the same time. Since they knew that the sorting hat was actually considering putting her in Ravenclaw.

"Excellent, ten points to Gryffindor" said Professor Sprout while beaming at her.

"The Mandrake forms an essential part of most antidotes. It is also, however, dangerous. Who can tell me why?" Professor Sprout asked the class again. And again, both [y/n] and Hermione's hand immediately shot up. However it was Hermione's turn to answer the question.

"Yes Miss Granger?" Professor Sprout asked.

"The cry of the Mandrake is fatal to anyone who hears it" she said promptly.

"Precisely. Take another ten points" said Professor Sprout.

"Now, the Mandrakes we have here are still very young" She pointed to a row of deep trays as she spoke and everyone shuffled forward for a better look. A hundred or so tufty little plants, purplish green in colour, were growing there in rows.

"Everyone take a pair of earmuffs" said Professor Sprout. There was a scramble as everyone tried to seize a pair that wasn't pink and fluffy.

"When I tell you to put them on, make sure your ears are completely covered" she said in a serious tone.

"When it is safe to remove them, I will give you the thumbs-up. Right - earmuffs on" [y/n] snapped the earmuffs over her ears and so did everyone else. They shut out sound completely. Professor Sprout put a pink fluffy pair over her own ears, rolled up the sleeves of her robes, grasped one of the tufty plants firmly, and pulled hard.

Harry let out a surprised gasp that no one could hear. Instead of roots, a small, muddy and extremely ugly baby popped out of the earth. The leaves were growing right out of his head. He had pale green, mottled skin, and was clearly bawling at the top of his lungs.

Professor Sprout took a large plant pot from under the table and plunged the Mandrake into it, burying him in dark, damp compost until only the tufted leaves were visible. Professor Sprout dusted off her hands, gave them all the thumbs-up and removed her own earmuffs.

"As our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries won't kill yet" she said calmly.

"However, they will knock you out for several hours, and as I'm sure none of you want to miss your first day back, make sure your earmuffs are securely in place while you work. I will attract your attention when it is time to pack up. Five to a tray - there is a large supply of pots here - compost in the sacks over there - and be careful of the Venomous Tentacula, it's teething" she said.

[y/n], Harry, Ron and Hermione were joined at their tray by a curly-haired Hufflepuff boy Harry knew by sight, but had never spoken to.

"Justin Finch-Fletchley" he said brightly and started shaking Harry's hand.

"Know who you are, of course, the famous Harry Potter...and you're Hermione Granger, always top in everything" he said while shaking Hermione's hand as well.

"and Ron Weasley. Wasn't that your flying car?" he asked Ron who didn't smile.

"Oh! You probably don't know me I am—" [y/n] was about to introduce herself but then was cut off by Justin who was now blushing.

"[y-y/n] [l/n]" he stuttered while staring at [y/n].

"Who wouldn't remember you? The pretty transfer from Beauxbatons and also the same person who gave the sorting hat a rough time" he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Pretty? Whoever said I was pretty probably needs their eyes checked" She said while giggling. However unknown to her both Hermione and the boys were thinking that it was the opposite.

"[y/n]...you're the most beautiful girl I have ever met, don't forget that" she told [y/n]. [y/n] then looked at Hermione and said;

"Thanks Hermione" she said while smiling sweetly. She then grabbed a spade from the table and told the group;

"Let's re-pot some Mandrakes shall we?" she said while smiling.