Prologue

A surprise

3rd pov

Muzan Kibutsuji, the powerful demon, had finally succeeded in locating the Kamado family after weeks of relentless research. It was late at night when he arrived at their doorstep. Tanjuro, the father, had an instinctive feeling that the person on the other side of the door was a demon and a formidable one at that. However, he gathered his courage and opened the door, instructing his wife, Kie, to take their young son Tanjiro and find a place to hide.

Tanjuro grabbed a nearby tool, a knife, and cautiously approached the mysterious visitor. After exchanging greetings, without warning, Tanjuro launched an attack against the man standing before him. Muzan, finding amusement in tormenting and torturing his victims, quickly overpowered and killed Tanjuro, relishing in the display of his power. With the father out of the way, Muzan then proceeded to enter the house to kill Tanjiro's real mother with a single swing of his right arm.

However, when the time came to end the life of the infant, Muzan was taken aback. He froze, completely shocked by the lack of fear in the baby's eyes. While children typically cowered in fear in his presence, baby Tanjiro did something unexpected – he reached out and grabbed Muzan's finger, flashing a smile. Muzan tried to evoke a reaction by showing the lifeless body of Tanjiro's mother, but the baby remained unaffected. Intrigued, Muzan made a decision that would alter the course of Tanjiro's life – he chose to take the baby with him.

Summoning Nakime, one of his loyal demons, Muzan ordered her to transport both him and Tanjiro to the infinity fortress, a place hidden from the prying eyes of humans. He also requested a room suitable for an infant, far away from the reach of the moons. Nakime obediently fulfilled his commands, and in an instant, two Japanese doors swung open, revealing a bedroom designed for a baby.

Muzan, holding the child in his arms, watched as Tanjiro gradually succumbed to sleep. Astonishingly, the baby clutched onto the demon's fingers and instantly drifted into a peaceful slumber. This unexpected connection between the demon and the child caused another wave of surprise to wash over Muzan. Despite his wicked nature, he couldn't help but feel a strange sense of protectiveness toward the infant.

As the night continued, Muzan realized that raising a human child would require different provisions than those typically needed by a demon. He instructed Nakime to bring him baby food, ensuring Tanjiro's nutritional needs would be met. Muzan, the cruel and merciless demon, found himself navigating uncharted territory as he cared for this innocent child.

In the depths of the infinity fortress, a bond began to form between Muzan and Tanjiro. The demon, known for his brutality and disdain for humans, discovered a newfound tenderness within himself. Whether it was the innocence in Tanjiro's eyes or the fearlessness he displayed, something about the child touched Muzan's otherwise cold heart.

Little did Muzan know that this encounter would set in motion a series of events that would shape the destiny of Tanjiro Kamado. The young boy would grow up in the world of demons, seeking to protect his newfound family from the new danger that is his own kind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey! Here's the rewriting prologue of my fanfic! Hope you enjoy it!

Miss 25th night
539 words